What's up with Dublin?

pavementends

Posted here because more than one cruise stops at Dublin.

I signed up for a Book of Kells tour. Canceled. Then another tour to a castle and distillery. Also cancelled.

Now I am signed up for another one that doesn't look that attractive. Maybe I will cancel and just walk the city. Maybe a James Joyce walk? No, I'm not going to read Ulysses as prep.

1 hour ago, pavementends said:

Posted here because more than one cruise stops at Dublin.

I signed up for a Book of Kells tour. Canceled. Then another tour to a castle and distillery. Also cancelled.

Now I am signed up for another one that doesn't look that attractive. Maybe I will cancel and just walk the city. Maybe a James Joyce walk? No, I'm not going to read Ulysses as prep.

Joe took the Book home and drank all the whiskey.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, david63 said:

Don't need to go on a tour to see the Book of Kells - you can diy and book online beforehand.

Did that after the first cancellation. I kind of liked the second tour on offer as it was a castle + distillery (if I remember correctly, details now gone). I expect you are right- Dublin should be easy.

Did SS cancel the Dublin on your own tour? We signed up for that and purchased tickets on our own for book of kells. However,  since there are 4 of us we hired a driver to take us around. If you are docking in Dun Longhaire (sp?) there is a train that takes you into Dublin . 

enjoy! 

I was in Dublin last summer on a land trip and it was easy, at least once you are at all near the historic center. We bought tickets online to the Book of Kells, which also takes you through a nice walk through campus. We were too late to get tickets to the Gaol, but that would have been my choice of what to do next. I do wish we had gone to the Postal Office Museum (may not have the name right) to learn more about the Easter Rising. We went to the Emigration Museum which 2/3 of us thought was skippable and trite. Also just nice walking window shopping and so on through the historic center/ temple bar area.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2023 at 12:34 AM, bobolz said:

Did SS cancel the Dublin on your own tour? We signed up for that and purchased tickets on our own for book of kells. However,  since there are 4 of us we hired a driver to take us around. If you are docking in Dun Longhaire (sp?) there is a train that takes you into Dublin . 

enjoy! 

The DART train goes into the city centre.