Appertizer

Dippy Dawg

Sailing on the Valor May 25th...have Steakhouse reservations for the first night.  I see that one of the appetizers for the first night in the MDR is calamari. Would I be able to order calamari as an appetizer in the MDR on another night?

No, it's only available on the first night. It's nothing particularly special, your steakhouse dinner will trounce it.

However if you are signed up for your time dining, there's nothing stopping you from going to the MDR and just ordering a plate of calimari. It may also be available on Lido (I Can't remember).

Edited by mz-s

There’s nothing stopping you from going and enjoying your steak and then going to the MDR! I do it all the time, the staff doesn’t mind if you only order apps either, (I do that all the time to) 🙂 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 6:56 PM, mz-s said:

No, it's only available on the first night. It's nothing particularly special, your steakhouse dinner will trounce it.

However if you are signed up for your time dining, there's nothing stopping you from going to the MDR and just ordering a plate of calimari. It may also be available on Lido (I Can't remember).

I do not believe that is true anymore.  Family just got off the Panorama and when you selected a dining options the others are no longer available.   They wanted to do this same thing but could not go to the MDR.  Seems silly to me.

17 minutes ago, Caps_Shield said:

I do not believe that is true anymore.  Family just got off the Panorama and when you selected a dining options the others are no longer available.   They wanted to do this same thing but could not go to the MDR.  Seems silly to me.

If I am reading your post correctly, I think what you are saying is that once you ate in the Steakhouse you couldn't select MDR on hub app anymore?

So, you can still go and eat in MDR, you just have to physically go down and check in.  Their hub app system is not designed to allow you to dine twice for same meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner)

We found this out on Sea Day brunch one time.  We used the hub app to eat in MDR for Sea Day breakfast and wanted to go back at lunch time too.  When we tried to use the hub app to check in for lunch it wouldn't let us, so we went down and asked.  They just checked us in there, told us about the 1 and done.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, wemjam said:

If I am reading your post correctly, I think what you are saying is that once you ate in the Steakhouse you couldn't select MDR on hub app anymore?

So, you can still go and eat in MDR, you just have to physically go down and check in.  Their hub app system is not designed to allow you to dine twice for same meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner)

We found this out on Sea Day brunch one time.  We used the hub app to eat in MDR for Sea Day breakfast and wanted to go back at lunch time too.  When we tried to use the hub app to check in for lunch it wouldn't let us, so we went down and asked.  They just checked us in there, told us about the 1 and done.

Interesting.  I suppose they didn't go down and speak with anyone, they just saw it gone and assumed.  Thanks for the info!

22 hours ago, Clearwater said:

If there is a Cucina on board, highly recommend a night there and ordering theirs. It's divine!  Tender and a huge plate.  We loved Cucina on the Magic last week!!

We like Cucina as well.  Unfortunately Cucina isn't on the Conquest ships.

15 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

We like Cucina as well.  Unfortunately Cucina isn't on the Conquest ships.

The Conquest ships need to be overhauled to add more dining, if nothing else. Cruisers today really do demand specialty dining.

46 minutes ago, mz-s said:

The Conquest ships need to be overhauled to add more dining, if nothing else.

Certainly wouldn't be a bad thing for all of those ships, especially since that's apparently all N.O. is going to get.  Though, given Carnival's debt, I'm not holding my breath that it is going to happen anytime soon.

7 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Certainly wouldn't be a bad thing for all of those ships, especially since that's apparently all N.O. is going to get.  Though, given Carnival's debt, I'm not holding my breath that it is going to happen anytime soon.

Yeah I hazard to say that it's not going to happen at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

The Conquest ships need to be overhauled to add more dining, if nothing else. Cruisers today really do demand specialty dining.

Many cruisers won't spend a dime on food that isn't included or comped. There is no reason to given the variety of included, tasty food. Carnival has ships with and without specialty dining for those who want. Choice is good.

• Like 2