Stirling Castle Tour

We are considering a tour to Stirling Castle from Edinburgh.  Has anyone been there and can tell me how steep the climb is from the parking area to the castle itself?  Are there stairs inside that would be climbed as part of a tour?  Thanks.  

On 4/20/2023 at 2:12 PM, MaynardsMom said:

We are considering a tour to Stirling Castle from Edinburgh.  Has anyone been there and can tell me how steep the climb is from the parking area to the castle itself?  Are there stairs inside that would be climbed as part of a tour?  Thanks.  

Full details are here, https://www.stirlingcastle.scot/visit/access-guide/, and if you have any further questions I'd suggest emailing them.  Note the third paragraph, where it says that carer's tickets are free.

Thanks so much.  I looked for that info but just didn’t see it. I appreciate your finding it for me. My husband had lung issues and so steep slopes and multiple stairs, while doable, mean we go very slowly with multiple stops as we climb. Not a great fit with tour groups. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, lindafromns said:

I found this castle to be a complete waste of time and money.  The castle was unfurnished so basically you're walking around a lot of empty rooms.

You'd be even less-impressed with Corfe Castle 😏

JB 🙂

Corfe Castle, England 2023: Best Places to Visit - Tripadvisor

• Haha 1