Practical Expedition Experience

Dusko

We love those cruises with the trips on kayaks and zodiacs.  Alaska and Norway were wonderful.  Now we are looking at Greenland and a lot of time on Zodiacs or ashore in remote places.  As a practical question: "How do they manage the toilet breaks?".  A couple of hours is no problem but some of the hikes are quite long. From practical experience, preferably from someone who as done such a cruise, can you give us any tips? 

Thanks

No toilet breaks.   Visit restrooms right before you embark the zodiacs.    If you are landing to a small village onshore there might be a bathroom, although we only spotted one in a museum.   All the kayak excursions we saw were only on the water with no landings.    Nuuk is the only city type landing and restrooms were available in the museums and shopping areas.    

Dusko, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I also have a query about expedition cruises,  In particular those that occur over Christmas in the Antarctic.  We have already decided that a suit/tux won't be in our luggage and are wondering if that excludes us from too much fun.  I'd particularly like to hear from those who have done an Antarctic Christmas cruise, rather than start yet another Dress Code thread.

Edited by Laylam
typo

15 minutes ago, Laylam said:

Dusko, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I also have a query about expedition cruises,  In particular those that occur over Christmas in the Antarctic.  We have already decided that a suit/tux won't be in our luggage and are wondering if that excludes us from too much fun.  I'd particularly like to hear from those who have done an Antarctic Christmas cruise, rather than start yet another Dress Code thread.

As of recently, the Expedition ships have done away with formal nights. 

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

A Navy Blazer is all you will need to look at though you made an effort.

I need a Navy Blazer to go to the toilet!  😳 That’s bad news as I never pack a jacket.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

No toilet breaks.   Visit restrooms right before you embark the zodiacs.    If you are landing to a small village onshore there might be a bathroom, although we only spotted one in a museum.   All the kayak excursions we saw were only on the water with no landings.    Nuuk is the only city type landing and restrooms were available in the museums and shopping areas.    

Thanks. Much appreciated.