Drink Packages and Shore Excursions

Hi everyone,

I booked a 3-night cruise for my family of 4 on Liberty of the Seas in early 2024.  I've been watching the prices for the drink packages and the shore excursions and they seem to fluctuate by a few dollars every few days.  Is there a likely to be a sale with deeper discounts?  Perhaps Black Friday?  Thanks!  I'm so excited.  We went on a short cruise in January and the kids loved it.  Hubby and I hadn't cruised since our honeymoon 16 years ago.  I'm so excited we are getting back into it.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Banana123 said:

Hi everyone,

I booked a 3-night cruise for my family of 4 on Liberty of the Seas in early 2024.  I've been watching the prices for the drink packages and the shore excursions and they seem to fluctuate by a few dollars every few days.  Is there a likely to be a sale with deeper discounts?  Perhaps Black Friday?  Thanks!  I'm so excited.  We went on a short cruise in January and the kids loved it.  Hubby and I hadn't cruised since our honeymoon 16 years ago.  I'm so excited we are getting back into it.  

For drink packages, I used to see a regular price, a sale price, and an occasional sale price pretty frequently (I often rebooked drink packages after the "occasional" price drop would hit).  Unfortunately, more often than not on the Oasis and Quantum class ships that I've been sailing on it is now most often just the two prices - although once I got hit by a permanent price increase!

The last Black Friday time period definitely had better prices on several shore excursions, but for the drink and dining packages, the price did not decrease for me (again on my Quantum and Oasis class ship sailings that were booked then).  In the past a lot of people have had good luck getting dining and/or drink discounts in the black friday period, but honestly, I think Royal is tired of people cancelling and rebooking everytime there is a "rare" price drop to the extent that they just don't do it much anymore!

• Like 1