Booked solo and want to add one guest to cabin

Zermatt

A friend of mine booked a solo cabin on Azamara Pursuit and asked me to come with them.  She called her TA and they said we have to pay the full price of the cabin now which has increased thousands of dollars from what she has booked.  Has something changed on Azamara that the contract and price for her cabin doesn't stay the same price? She paid solo upcharge of 150%.  Can anyone clear this up for me?  Thanks

5 hours ago, Zermatt said:

A friend of mine booked a solo cabin on Azamara Pursuit and asked me to come with them.  She called her TA and they said we have to pay the full price of the cabin now which has increased thousands of dollars from what she has booked.  Has something changed on Azamara that the contract and price for her cabin doesn't stay the same price? She paid solo upcharge of 150%.  Can anyone clear this up for me?  Thanks

Did her TA call and ask, or just assume?  Last year a friend who booked solo added a room mate and the cost didn’t increase.  

14 hours ago, laurieb said:

Did her TA call and ask, or just assume?  Last year a friend who booked solo added a room mate and the cost didn’t increase.  

Thanks laurieb,

I'm not sure but I will ask my friend.  I know it's hard to get in touch with Azamara right now with the conversion so maybe she just assumed.

Several times I have booked solo and later had a friend join me in the cabin.  If the price increased then, yes,  the whole cabin price will increase  to current rates and it may not be a deal to have a cabin mate.  It could cost you more yourself to have her in your cabin. This happened to me recently so my friend  booked her own solo cabin.  I am not sure, but this may only happen after final payment.

In the past, when I traveled solo while paying the rate for two people, then I could add a second person to that rate (even if it is a promo rate) and not pay more, except for additional taxes for the second person. That is because I already paid for 2 people. But, if your friend paid 150% for a solo rate, then she did not pay a rate that covered 2 people. She got a special rate for one person, which would never have covered a second person. 

Edited by avw
clarification
  • Like 1