Transfer reservation from HAL to TA

northernphoenix

Yes, wondering how many days we have to transfer to TA.

My experience:  our TA sent us a form to fill out & we as the consumer have to fill it out & send to Holland America.  I believe the web address is World_Cruise_Reservations@hollandamerica.com. 

But I don't know how long they allow for you to transfer.  

Edited by Banditswife

It shouldn't affect the reservation at all.  I just did it.  You do have to transfer within 60 days of booking.  The fare cannot be paid in full at time of transfer.  You'll need info from the TA and you'll have to fill out a form to send to HAL.  If you booked with a PCC, there may be some urge to convince you to stay with the PCC.  In the past, they have offered to match the TA perks with OBC.  Not sure if they do that now.

And FYI, I emailed the form to HAL on a Thursday, and got an auto-reply that they had received it. The following Monday I received an email from HAL that the Agency transfer was complete. Quick, easy and professional.

• Like 1

We booked onboard last week on the Transatlantic due to the generous OBC perks for booking onboard ($250 for the 14 days TA).  Has anyone moved one of these to an agent and did the OBC stay intact?  HAL future cruise consultants onboard said onboard booking incentives would stay, but just want to hear in from the experts on this forum.  They said you have 60 days to move it.

Edited by Native Floridian 26

59 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

We booked onboard last week on the Transatlantic due to the generous OBC perks for booking onboard ($250 for the 14 days TA).  Has anyone moved one of these to an agent and did the OBC stay intact?  HAL future cruise consultants onboard said onboard booking incentives would stay, but just want to hear in from the experts on this forum.  They said you have 60 days to move it.

Yes, we had booked a longish cruise while on board for a cruise in 2025.  Transferred it to our TA last week.  Her company actually gave us a discount (lower fare) & we keep all the perks we got from booking while onboard + a bit more OBC than what was originally on the booking.  

20 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

Yes, we had booked a longish cruise while on board for a cruise in 2025.  Transferred it to our TA last week.  Her company actually gave us a discount (lower fare) & we keep all the perks we got from booking while onboard + a bit more OBC than what was originally on the booking.  

Thanks!  Good info.

I am in the process of transferring our booking to our TA for a cruise I booked for my sister & I. Since we do not live in the same household (or state for that matter) Holland America requires a note from me declaring that I am the financially responsible individual for the booking. I assume this just means that I will be responsible for paying for the cruise even though my sister will be paying me for her portion. I assume she will be able to set up her own onboard account. 

59 minutes ago, cheriberi said:

I am in the process of transferring our booking to our TA for a cruise I booked for my sister & I. Since we do not live in the same household (or state for that matter) Holland America requires a note from me declaring that I am the financially responsible individual for the booking. I assume this just means that I will be responsible for paying for the cruise even though my sister will be paying me for her portion. I assume she will be able to set up her own onboard account. 

I had the same issue.  If I was not financially responsible for the entire cost, my sister also had to fill out the same transfer form, which is what she did.  I cannot confirm the onboard account part yet because we haven’t sailed yet, but I would make the same assumption.

On 4/25/2023 at 2:19 PM, Native Floridian 26 said:

We done this multiple times with no problem.  All the benefits stayed intact plus we received the new ones from our TA.  The 60 day rule is correct and you cannot have paid for the cruise in full.

• Thanks 1