Premier Photo package..quantity and image size?

gah_cruise

the three (free) prints that we received were of excellent quality, tack sharp and properly exposed.  The digital versions that they downloaded for us at the photography studio on the ship were of such a low format that when you went to print them, they were subject to pixilation, (seeing the pixels).  Sure, you will get all of the photos in a digital format, but don't expect good quality prints when you print them at home. 🤒 

On 4/21/2023 at 12:30 PM, mtnesterz said:

Curious about the answer myself, meaning under the new Premier offer. There are three prints given in the Premier package, but don't know the size of the print, or if you have a choice of which photo, would think you would. They're always taking photos at ports, dining, formal nights... Unlimited download.

As far as downloaded images, they are digital files. I would think you could have them printed in any size the photo printing business offered. Again, if I'm wrong on that, I'm posting to learn.

We had the premier package and my wife and I got 3 8x10s each and all the digital photos downloaded on my phone in the ship's photography studio.  The 8x10s were great but the downloaded digital photos we got were of a low resolution, so when we got home and tried to print them, they had pixelation. 

On 3/4/2024 at 1:21 PM, mrrom92 said:

Shame they only give small JPEGs. I would never pay for them if that were the case. I will only be retrieving them because they are included with the premiere package. So we go on the last night and they give us a flash drive or do I have to bring one with me? I have no interest in downloading these photos to my phone. 

You're right, 16- 20 KBs , (bummer).  On previous cruises, both Princess and Celebrity, when we did this, the images were much better and acceptable for printing. 

13 hours ago, Pickels said:

the three (free) prints that we received were of excellent quality, tack sharp and properly exposed.  The digital versions that they downloaded for us at the photography studio on the ship were of such a low format that when you went to print them, they were subject to pixilation, (seeing the pixels).  Sure, you will get all of the photos in a digital format, but don't expect good quality prints when you print them at home. 🤒 

Then what's the point? I guess they figure they are only going to be used to post to the web?

I've had good luck res-ing stuff up in Photoshop but I'm not sure you could do that with 16-20kb. That's obscenely small.

4 hours ago, MacMadame said:

Then what's the point? I guess they figure they are only going to be used to post to the web?

I've had good luck res-ing stuff up in Photoshop but I'm not sure you could do that with 16-20kb. That's obscenely small.

When they display the pictures in the studio on the ship, they are tack sharp but, the pictures they download for you are of the low resolution so you’re not going to print an acceptable print.  Just want people who are considering a photo package to know what they will get.

22 hours ago, Pickels said:

You're right, 16- 20 KBs , (bummer).  On previous cruises, both Princess and Celebrity, when we did this, the images were much better and acceptable for printing. 

I am not 100% but I suspect, and would not be surprised, that the files they offer for phone downloading are not the same as what they would give you on a USB stick. They probably shrink them considerably for easy distribution over the ship’s network. I can only hope that’s the case, anyway. They clearly do have the full resolution files available for them to make prints of. 

30 minutes ago, mrrom92 said:

I am not 100% but I suspect, and would not be surprised, that the files they offer for phone downloading are not the same as what they would give you on a USB stick. They probably shrink them considerably for easy distribution over the ship’s network. I can only hope that’s the case, anyway. They clearly do have the full resolution files available for them to make prints of. 

Agree!

On 4/4/2024 at 8:53 AM, mrrom92 said:

They clearly do have the full resolution files available for them to make prints of. 

Yes and it's not like by not giving them to you, they can make more money. Once you are off the ship, is there a way to order prints? I haven't seen any. I bet they delete the files to make room for future sailings at a certain point if not right away.

All I can say is for the pictures that were downloaded on my phone (I did get the 3 pictures), any other pictures I wanted I went to Walgreen and had them printed, and they turned out good.

• Like 1