Wait lists

Tsunami74

Anyone have experience with wait lists? 

I just joined a wait list for a 2024 cruise which even more than a year out was pretty much sold out except for one of the lowest categories. 

Paid a little extra, and not sure if that would make a difference or if it is entirely first on/ first off.

Joining the waitlist gets you on the waitlist. Joining the waitlist and paying a deposit gets you higher on the waitlist. I don’t know if a larger deposit makes a difference. 

My only experience with a room waitlist is I have been on a waitlist for a Penthouse suite on Grandeur since last July and have heard nothing so far. We’re booked in a Concierge suite but after being offered an upgrade on Splendor last year we tried to upgrade the upcoming cruise but the ship was booked by then. Still keeping our fingers crossed. 

We waitlisted for our Splendor cruise this past January.  We waitlisted in June and cleared and booked in July.  Paying the deposit allows you to book up to three categories.  We jumped on the first category that came, but presumably if you didn't like the first cabin that came up, you could decline it and still be on the waitlist.  Perhaps someone can confirm that.

53 minutes ago, marne-c said:

I have had a deposit-paid Waitlist booking become an actual stateroom in my chosen category.

--Marne

By deposit - paid Wait List, do you mean you paid the full deposit like as if you booked the cruise. Or did you pay a set amount such as $1000?