Restaurant advice: Piazza Navona Area and others for upcoming stay

tusconcam

My DW and I are looking for advice/suggestions for local feel Piazza Navonna restaurants please. We are staying nearby in May and could use some personal experience/advice for breakfast, on the go places and dinner too.

If there happens to be any appertivo/appertif bars you can pass on  it is greatly appreciated.

Feeling a bit  overwhelmed.

Thanks.

• Like 2

Breakfast isn’t much of a thing in Italy. If your hotel doesn’t include a basic breakfast, the only real option is to go to one of the (many) nearby bars for coffee and a cornetto (Italian version of the croissant). Bars in Italy aren’t just focused on alcohol, they are where Italians fuel up on their espresso all day, as well as offering lunch on the go options like panini.

There are also some premiere coffee shops but they won’t offer much more in the way of food. If you want an American-style breakfast, you’ll likely not find it outside of a hotel setting.

You will find find a ton of restaurants within shouting distance of Piazza Navona. When looking at recommendations, remember that both the Pantheon area and Campo dei Fiori are both within a couple of blocks as well. Many restaurants in those areas have already been named on the food and wine thread above.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tusconcam said:

My DW and I are looking for advice/suggestions for local feel Piazza Navonna restaurants please. We are staying nearby in May and could use some personal experience/advice for breakfast, on the go places and dinner too.

If there happens to be any appertivo/appertif bars you can pass on  it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

We LOVED Osteria de Memmo.  It's on a side street close to the Piazza.  You will need reservations, but some of the best true italian food we've ever eaten.  Only open at night.  There are numerous bars/appertivos close to and surrounding the Piazza.  Their great for a drink, but like lots of tourist spots...overpriced on food and lacks a lot of flavor.  Ask your hotel for recommendations on restaurants within walking distance too.  We've had great success from recommendations.  Enjoy!!

16 hours ago, tusconcam said:

Thanks.

Italian hotels normally provide breakfast.  It ranges from simple Continental to full European/American buffet. Check out your hotel's website for info.