For those thinking of an aft balcony; Privacy

derf5585

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1093853128047126993svWgyq

You see people below you if you are standing at the rail. if they are sitting on a chair on the balcony you cant see them.

I want more for my money= the cabins are the same size as the sides but the balcony is bigger.

smells? considering the funnel is located in the middle of the ship-- IF we were to smell fumes then most of the ship will smell them also.

Some people have complained about soot- I have not yet.. But I also wipe everything down before I use it anyways

Is there room for 2 lounge chairs on the balcony of 7442 (extended balcony) on the Glory or would it make it too crowded???

we got two lounge chairs on the destiny--it DOES take up all your space.

you will have to put them right next to each other and actually climb on one to get to the other

(also be aware that showers are turned on in the wee hours of the morning to hose off the salt water so you dont want to lay down on a chair that was soaked a little bit ago)

Cobi: you can check on the main board of your cruiselines to find your answer-

to the top and click on cruisecritic message board-- that will take you to the main forum.

Please allow cruisecritic members at least 24 hours to reposnd to your posts.

want to find replies??-- click on your name and it will give you an option to view all posts you put.

anyone ever have 9690 on explorer of the seas? pictures? this is the aft room i will have on the june 22 cruise

www.cruiseclues.com check out explorer, navigator, mariner and VOyager-- they will all be the same.

We had 8692 on the VOyager.

Another place to look is www.webshots.com search for photos of Bonnie VOyager.

Has anyone been in this room? After reading the posts about aft rooms I am questioning.

I have been on 6 previous cruises and always had a balcony, just not aft. The agent at Carnival said he stayed in it and the balcony was larger, so he really enjoyed it. My concern is that it is our honeymoon and I really would prefer not to look directly at my neighbors when out there. Also wouldn't want to get sprayed with window cleaner if we were outside late into the night!?

Any help would be appreciated.

Has anyone been in this room? After reading the posts about aft rooms I am questioning.

I have been on 6 previous cruises and always had a balcony, just not aft. The agent at Carnival said he stayed in it and the balcony was larger, so he really enjoyed it. My concern is that it is our honeymoon and I really would prefer not to look directly at my neighbors when out there. Also wouldn't want to get sprayed with window cleaner if we were outside late into the night!?

Any help would be appreciated.

cabins on the aft are lots bigger then whats offered on the side. You wont be looking directly at your neighbor unless you both are standing at the railing.. (but that will also happen on the side too if you were both to be standing at the railing)-- but ya know-- you wont ever see those people again-- take the aft-- enjoy the honeymoon

Window cleaner?? its water and it does come on in the wee hours of the morning-- if you think you want to sit out on the balcony at that time-- jsut book a side one.

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone new if the aft cabins on the Miracle, ex. 7298, or 8268 were only 3 passenger rooms or has anyone gotten 4/rm.

We are a family of 4, with a 9yr old and a 6yr old, too young for a seperate rm yet. Any ideas, or should I stick with my cat 11 midship?

Thanks

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone new if the aft cabins on the Miracle, ex. 7298, or 8268 were only 3 passenger rooms or has anyone gotten 4/rm.

We are a family of 4, with a 9yr old and a 6yr old, too young for a seperate rm yet. Any ideas, or should I stick with my cat 11 midship?

Thanks

I had 8273 on the Spirit, starboard side corner, and it is a three person cabin. We only had two on our Alaska sailing, but had originally booked it for three. I would say if they cannot put four in the room you should stay with the midship Cat. 11; they are wonderful cabins as well!

Thanks

There is no cabin on the aft for 4 people. Very few even hold 3.

Most hold only two people. Cabins are the same size as the side cabins-- the cat 11 will give you lots more space.

looking at the deck plans you can tell what cabin holds how many people by the legend.

Any cabin with a square in it will hold 4 people. (inside cabins will have 2 little dots denoting 2 upper beds)

a small + will be a cabin that holds 4 people but you will only see those in oceanview cabins spa deck cat 6E

• 3 months later...
We had cabin 7448 on Glory. As soon as we saw our room steward we requested a chaise lounge be moved on to the balcony. That was the best spent tip of the cruise. On a regular balcony there is not enough room for the longer chair. We enjoyed meeting our neighbors at the railing of the balcony but when you are seated you can't see them and we didn't care if they saw us.

Were you satisfied witht he size of your room? I have heard that this room on other Conquest class ships are narrow and you cant open the bathroom all the way and that they have no sofa. Was this true in your case on the Glory??

• 1 month later...
Balcony club!

We had Main deck on the Pride cabins 4232 and 4230. There is more overhang than the other decks and we would have to literally lean out to even try to see if anyone was on the balcony above us. Because its more covered, the dividers are not as angled giving a little bit more privacy.

That being said, its still a balcony. Great to have, but its an open space and anyone that thinks any balcony is going to be 100% private may be giving a show and not knowing it.:eek:

We were hoping to join the club:o

TA sold us on the aft cabins on deck 5 (saying the flag was a huge distraction on deck 4???) Was it an issue for you?

Appears to me from the pics posted that deck 4 has more private dividers and seems to be mostly sheltered from views from above?

methinks the TA is full of it

We were hoping to join the club:o

TA sold us on the aft cabins on deck 5 (saying the flag was a huge distraction on deck 4???) Was it an issue for you?

Appears to me from the pics posted that deck 4 has more private dividers and seems to be mostly sheltered from views from above?

methinks the TA is full of it

just to add - 4232 will sleep 4 w/sofabed - we switched; carnival rep said there is absolutely no different between the ones on 4 & the ones on 5 aft, but the pics prove others - thanks guys!

I am posting four pictures of the aft balconies

As one can see there is not much privacy.

Wow....I am so excited to know that someone on here has been in the cabin I am getting! Also that I am from Viola, DE! 4 of us gals are taking our first cruise ever and were in our 50's...we have two aft side by side! I have heard the part about the noise and the smells and that on the Upper Deck the aft cabins lead out onto the Crew deck????? I am so worried because I am the one that booked this and don't want it to be bad. Are we going to be happy with this selection? Also I couldn't get the link with the Red Paint???? We are taking the Eastern Carb. What did you take? So anxious to hear everything...we arent cruising til Jan 08 and I just can't wait!

Connie

I just want to say how much I enjoyed your pics. I am curious as to what kind of camera you used. I have what I consider to be a good digital, but am considering getting another. We are sailing the Conquest in July 2007 and we will be one of those aft wrap-around balcony dwellers. We took it on an upgrade, considered changing after reading some of the reviews, but realized there were many people who really like those rooms and thought we'd go ahead and give it a try.

If you have any tips for this particular cruise that you would consider helpful, we would appreciate it. We've sailed Norwegian, but not Carnival and really don't know things to watch for.

We have an aft cabin (8430) in August out of NYC to Canada. I am not concerned about people looking at the balcony, I am more concerned about motion sickness. How did you do with that? I have trouble and we had a balcony cabin in the middle on our cruise to Alaska. Had the patch and did fine.

Any comments on this?

• 2 weeks later...