Opened up VV app today - Confused about event listing

tbmrt

Tomorrow is the day I'm supposed to book our dining reso's.  I looked at app today and it says "Restaurant listing opens April 25.

Also said Event listing opens April 25.  Does that mean that we can see the events scheduled for our ship, but not book til onboard?  I made a list of events on the sparks URL yesterday for our cruise...https://spark-aws.virginvoyages.com/api/v1/ext/ddp/5a3193a0af8e4c3fb714386b/2023-06-09?fbclid=IwAR14W1kwxdsk9e4u1MfPZR21a3sQrzmW7rCLl6kg31v-Yr4sg422csSQEsM#events.

Wondering if the List of Events that I'll see tomorrow will vary from that...... (I know events probably will change often before our 6/9 cruise, but thought I'd have some sort of idea if I checked the spark URL.

Yes you should be able to see a basic line up or events in the app at 45 days out. 

For our Greek Island cruise on Resiliant Lady it is quite sparse just showing the main evening shows and bigger activities like bingo and VHS.

• Thanks 1

I will say the event line up changed several times between first checking and actually boarding the ship.  And yes, you have to wait until you are connected to the ship wifi to make event reservations.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On my most recent voyage, the completed event lineup was only fully populated 10 days out.  With that said, the main shows (Duel Reality, Dance Party Thing, ect.) populated on the app at 45 days out.  As mentioned above, all events can and sometimes do change closer to embarkation. 

1 hour ago, tbmrt said:

I'm definitely an overplanner so hard for me to relax with all the changes!  Thanks for all your help everyone!

if you generally eat dinner at the same time every night (say 7-7:30), you should be able to get into the shows, as they do some showings early/some late, but usually on different nights.  with respect to daytime activities, it's usually fitness stuff between 7-10am on sea and port days if you're interested, VHS at 10 on sea days. 

other sea day activities like trivia, boy band dance class, arts & crafts friendship bracelet making class, etc. are usually around 11 and 1:30 (likely to draw people away from the pool in the peak of the pool day; however, people leave all their crap on their chairs/daybeds to "reserve" them when they're at these activities, defeating some of the purpose ugh.) early evening activities can start at 5 - if you check out the current/recent past voyages on that link above, you'll get a picture of the general timeframes they're going with these days!

• Like 3

Keep in mind they are all subject to change, and that more things will be added when your sailing is 1-2 days away.  My sailing is 10 days away and almost all of the shows got switched around and times have been changed from 35 days ago when they were first listed.

Also, once you board, even if a show is fully booked, you still may be able to get into it when you want because there are cancelations and no shows, just be sure to keep checking.  I was able to book a show because of cancelations and avoid the standby line.  

• Like 1