Anyone married in St Thomas?

Dabert, We took a cruise on the Splendour of the Seas and got off the ship in St. Thomas, went to the courthouse to sign the papers and then to Magens Bay where the minister met us. He had arranged for a vidiographer at my request so we have the whole thing on film. It was just beautiful. The weather was perfect and we were married on the beach. We were in formal dress, had my daughter and three good friends with us. That tourqouis water as a backdrop can't be beaten. After the wedding we went to the Crown & Anchor club and changed clothes (they allowed us to store our formal clothes there) and we spent a wonderful afternoon just walking around and shopping. My daughter still accuses me of moving the wedding time up to allow more time for shopping. :D We had arranged for a small area in the aft disco lounge so when we got back to the ship we had champagne there for the sailaway. Super day.

I really don't think there is any way to find out if someone is married unless they were married in your own town. Then the courthouse would have a public record. Supposedly you can check on the internet but our name doesn't even turn up on the white pages so that's hit or miss. Are you really just curious how the whole thing works on a cruise or are you actually worried that someone you are seeing might be married? If you are persistant enough you can find out anything. :) If you really want some help with something you can email me. Charley1@bellsouth.net.

:confused: Do Not Take the court house in the Virgin Islands for a fool. You must produce divorce decees which are certified originals, and original death certificates must also be provided. Copies result in no license being issued. You must also swear to the exact date of any divorce, even with the certified decree. If not, you will not receive a license. You must also provide them with the person who is your Minister that is performing your wedding. You must provide your social security number as well.You must be sworn in that you are telling the entire truth. If you are not forthcoming with accurate information, your marriage is not legal. You must provide your passport number, driver's license and a photo I.D. before being sworn in. There is no way you can get around this. If you are looking to see if someone has previously been married in the Virgin Islands, call or write the Court, give them the name of the groom only, and the date and year of wedding. Given the fact that the courthouse records thousands of weddings a year, you may be most confident, they know what they are doing. So why are you asking about the regulations. You may download the forms directly from a plethera of V.I. websites.

Archived