Last Minute Baragin Cruises

kriscii

We recently moved close to Southampton and as we both work from home and online, we thought last minute cruises from Southampton or Portsmouth might be a cheap option.  We are flexible enough to potentially see a real bargain in the morning and be at the port for lunchtime! Although a few days notice is better.

1. Are there good deals at a great price or are they full of limitations.
  2. Do any of the cruise lines from Southampton or Portsmouth have better last minute discounts than the others?
  3. What are the problems, if any on doing last minute cruise bookings?
  4. Are you likely to get a better deal using an agents site over going direct for the last minute deals. 

Thanks

Edited by kriscii

If you want a last minute bargain cruise from Southampton, why not try Cunard's QM2 Coronation Celebration voyage which has just been announced, leaving from Southampton on 2nd May for 5 nights and just going to Liverpool (overnight).

This short cruise is to replace two Transatlantics that had to be cancelled due to technical problems with the ship.

I think it would be best to book it over the phone through a travel agent.  I've looked at one online and they're showing very good prices.

• Like 1

Thanks, I'll take a look.

It wasn't just a cruise right now, I was primarily interested on which cruise lines do the best last minute deals so if we are bored we can jump on a cruise if the price was right. Mainly because I want to be driven by an offer rather than saying let's go on a cruise next week and being disappointed with the offers.

I think that now it's all online, there is no great advantage to being in Southampton.

Many years ago, before the worldwide

wotsit took over, some people I knew up in Durham used to drive down to Southampton on a Friday and tour the cruise company offices looking for bargains. They said that they would sometimes get up to a 90% discount.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 10:14 AM, Ray66 said:

If you want a last minute bargain cruise from Southampton, why not try Cunard's QM2 Coronation Celebration voyage which has just been announced, leaving from Southampton on 2nd May for 5 nights and just going to Liverpool (overnight).

Now you have cost me a pot of cash when I wasn't expecting to book a cruise for a month or two at least!

Also panicking on how to organise it all by Tuesday! Especially as we have never been on Cunard.