Specialty Restaurant Embarkation

FPP777

3 hours ago, SWACruising said:

Probably too early. Giovanni's was open on embarkation day when we sailed Allure last month. Walked right in at noon without a reservation and had no issues. Never filled up more than half

Thanks.. Its open for days at sea, just not day 1. I/ll keep an eye out.

14 minutes ago, TwinMommyByGrace said:

If you're looking on the app try going past all the dinner times on embarkation day. That's where I found lunch times to reserve. I sail in September and they already show on my app so I would think yours should be too.

Sorry, I wasnt clear in my post and for some reason I cant edit it. I was speaking to a lunch booking on embarkation day. Those times are not available.

49 minutes ago, FPP777 said:

Sorry, I wasnt clear in my post and for some reason I cant edit it. I was speaking to a lunch booking on embarkation day. Those times are not available.

That's what I was referring to as well. On my app lunch times, where listed after the last seating for dinner, not in time order. This seemed to only be for embarkation day. Sea days showed lunch  reservation times in chronological order.

38 minutes ago, TwinMommyByGrace said:

That's what I was referring to as well. On my app lunch times, where listed after the last seating for dinner, not in time order. This seemed to only be for embarkation day. Sea days showed lunch  reservation times in chronological order.

I am not having that luck. Only dinner options are available. I will keep checking back. Thanks. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, FPP777 said:

I don’t know if this helps, but on my planner it has different tiles on the dining page for dinner and lunch.  I was trying to figure out what would be open for our embarkation day and I couldn’t find any lunch times in the restaurant tiles, and then I scrolled down to the bottom of the page with the tiles and had lunch tiles....

15 hours ago, FPP777 said:

Sailing Allure this July. None of the specialty restaurants are available to book on embarkation day. Is this new or do they just wait until it gets closer?

Not sure any of the restaurants that are open on embarkation day take lunch reservations. And not all restaurants are open for lunch that day.  As most passengers head for the Windjammer, like @SWACruising posted, you should be able to walk right into Giovanni's.

24 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Not sure any of the restaurants that are open on embarkation day take lunch reservations. And not all restaurants are open for lunch that day.  As most passengers head for the Windjammer, like @SWACruising posted, you should be able to walk right into Giovanni's.

I have made lunch reservations on embarkation day at Chops the last 3 times I sailed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kathscof said:

I don’t know if this helps, but on my planner it has different tiles on the dining page for dinner and lunch.  I was trying to figure out what would be open for our embarkation day and I couldn’t find any lunch times in the restaurant tiles, and then I scrolled down to the bottom of the page with the tiles and had lunch tiles....

Thanks. I found the lunch tiles, but reservations are only available for at sea days.