Carnival Venezia, November 20-30, 2023

Hello my name is Marilyn.  My cousin and I will be traveling together.  I just finished the comments and I was on the transatlantic crossing nothing to worry about on the Venezia.  Just have fun.  The parking is high priced all over NYC.  I am being dropped off but taking a rental car home.  Looking forward to meeting friendly people.

• Like 2

Hi everyone! 2 weeks to go 🙂 

My family (my husband and I, my father and my 3 kids ages 2/7/8) and I will be coming from NJ. 

Can't wait! 

We have been to all of these ports aside from Amber Cove...thinking of doing the monkey excursion 

Don't let the bad reviews scare you. We sailed the Venezia to Canada in August and had a fantastic time (happy to answer any questions I can if someone has any). 

They mentioned they will be showing all of the NFL games (there will be quite a few going on this cruise) so looking forward to that. We are a Giants/Dolphins household so some of us are happier than others right now. 

• Like 2

I think the monkey excursion would be a whole lot of fun especially with children! I read review after review and mostly all were good.  The Chiefs play the eagles (last year's super bowl matchup) on the first night of our sailing. I hope it's on the big screen!  It's getting closer! I can't wait!  Lora of Chiefs Kingdom 😁

• Like 2

My husband and I are truckers from Florida. We mainly stay out on the road. We haven’t been able to stop and take a vacation in a while, so we’re definitely looking forward to this trip. We’ve been doing everything for our kids and grandkids lately, so now it’s our turn to enjoy something fun! We’re doing the waterfalls and buggy excursion in Amber Cove. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, m&m_mom3 said:

My husband and I are truckers from Florida. We mainly stay out on the road. We haven’t been able to stop and take a vacation in a while, so we’re definitely looking forward to this trip. We’ve been doing everything for our kids and grandkids lately, so now it’s our turn to enjoy something fun! We’re doing the waterfalls and buggy excursion in Amber Cove. 

Welcome.  It's awesome that you two are taking time for yourselves. Your Amber Cove excursion sounds cool. Enjoy your vacation to the fullest! 

Nine days til the fun.......

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 2:00 PM, carribbeanmic said:

Hello my name is Marilyn.  My cousin and I will be traveling together.  I just finished the comments and I was on the transatlantic crossing nothing to worry about on the Venezia.  Just have fun.  The parking is high priced all over NYC.  I am being dropped off but taking a rental car home.  Looking forward to meeting friendly people.

3 hours ago, happytrucker35 said:

Hi Marilyn, 

I am not sure what happened to my original response to your post. But, welcome to you and your cousin. Hopefully we will get to meet up during the cruise. I will be the one in the purple Ravens shirt. Let me know.

Patty

Just a heads up, weather experts are predicting a possible tropical depression to form over the next few days in the southern Caribbean area. My guess is that if it develops, there will be lots of rainfall and we may need to rerouted to other ports. 😬 just something to keep in mind… however it’s not going to stop us from enjoying our Vacation!!! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, m&m_mom3 said:

Just a heads up, weather experts are predicting a possible tropical depression to form over the next few days in the southern Caribbean area. My guess is that if it develops, there will be lots of rainfall and we may need to rerouted to other ports. 😬 just something to keep in mind… however it’s not going to stop us from enjoying our Vacation!!! 

Thanks for the heads up, Marilyn. You are so right. We are going to enjoy this vacation no matter what. I haven't booked any excursions yet. I was thinking of the Bacardi tour, but that wasn't a must-do for me.  See you on the ship. 

Patty 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2023 at 12:47 PM, happytrucker35 said:

Thanks for the heads up, Marilyn. You are so right. We are going to enjoy this vacation no matter what. I haven't booked any excursions yet. I was thinking of the Bacardi tour, but that wasn't a must-do for me.  See you on the ship. 

Patty 

So  do you have fun?  Was the weather a really big issue?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hyuaul said:

So  do you have fun?  Was the weather a really big issue?

Hyuaul....I had a fantastic time. The weather was not an issue. Of course, November in New York is cold, and there were a few moments of rockiness at sea, but other than that, it was smooth sailing. This voyage had plenty of ebbs and flows. Port days were great, and sea days were relaxing.

For me, the highlight of the cruise was watching the football games on the Lido deck. The hype and excitement was contagious. The Eagles game was fantastic. My RAVENS played well, also!

I hope your cruise is lovely as well. 

• Like 1