Which suite on Jade?

tampadee

I had pondered this too, I actually opted for a mid-ship balcony club, as this will be my first cruise...  I wanted stability.  The aft has vibration from what I have heard and fore has bouncing.  Pick your poison.  

5 hours ago, tampadee said:

I need to chose a forward facing or aft facing suite on the Jade.  Will it be too bouncy for a forward facing cabin?  

For us, the forward facing suites are the best rooms on the ship. Deck 9 have the large, 100 sq ft balconies. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

For us, the forward facing suites are the best rooms on the ship. Deck 9 have the large, 100 sq ft balconies. 

They arent usable in bad rains right?  Also you get more "movement" sensation in the forward facing suites?

Vertical motion (bouncing) will be most pronounced at the front AND back of the ship.  Since the ship does not bend (appreciably), picture a rod going horizontally through the middle of the ship near the water line and the ship rotating about the rod - when the bow goes up, the stern goes down.  While forward facing balconies are forward, they are less forward than many of the lower deck interior or ocean view cabins.

Side-to-side motion (rocking) will be most pronounced on upper decks.  This would be rotation about a rod from bow to stern.  The upper decks move much further than lower decks.

Forward facing can have a lot of wind, particularly while underway.

Will you be cruising in an area more subject to rough seas, like the North Atlantic, or are you inside the Mediterranean where high seas are less common? 

14 hours ago, itsnotjustme said:

Vertical motion (bouncing) will be most pronounced at the front AND back of the ship.  Since the ship does not bend (appreciably), picture a rod going horizontally through the middle of the ship near the water line and the ship rotating about the rod - when the bow goes up, the stern goes down. 

Not necessarily by the same amount, though. If the ship’s center of mass (i.e., the fulcrum for your oscillating rod) is directly at the midpoint, then the bow and stern go up and down the same distance. However, due to the usual mass distribution, placement of engines toward the stern of the ship appears to be a primary factor, it is likely that the up-down motion is greater at the bow than the stern. Definitely possible to have a number of variations - same displacement, bow displaces more, or stern displaces more - based on ship design.