Late boarding time allocated

Al_W

Well this is promising. Received today after submitting my assistance request.

"

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

Recognising that time in the terminal for guests with hidden disabilities can be stressful, I can confirm I have added embarkation assistance to your booking.

Upon arrival at the correct terminal in Southampton, you will be directed to a drop off lane where you unload your luggage, porters are available to assist with this. Your luggage will then be transferred onto the ship and will be outside your cabin when you arrive. When boarding you should only be carrying your hand luggage on board with you.

Once you dropped off your luggage, please make yourselves known to the assistance team in the high visibility vests for assistance, they will guide you to the registration area at the enquiries desk, then we can assist you through the terminal and onto the ship, they can also direct you to a quieter space to wait prior to embarking.

Once embarkation is underway, the Ground Services team will be able to guide you through security and safely on board as efficiently as possible, in order to make it a smooth embarkation.

The Enquiries desks are located at:

·       Ocean Terminal - Upper level, to the right of the escalator

·       Mayflower Terminal - Top of the Ramp, to the right

• QEII Terminal - Right hand side as you enter the check-in area

For disembarkation, we would recommend self-disembarking early or to wait in a quiet area and proceed ashore as late as you are able to.

We kindly request that you arrive at your allocated embarkation time on your boarding pass or after 15.00. This is an anticipated quieter time for guests embarking with hidden disabilities and 15.00 onwards is generally free flowing onto the ship and a more comfortable experience for all.  If guests arrive earlier than their allocated time, an extended wait may be incurred whilst waiting for the available team to prioritise guests adhering to their correct arrival time.   No priority can be given to guests arriving early and they may be asked to wait until their allocated time. 

If you have any questions, please let us know.

We look forward to welcoming you on board."

I'm very happy with this and hope it works.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

See you onboard.  I'm going home! 

Enjoy yourself Mb, and please no catastrophes. I have just been reading about another of your mishaps on a different thread 

• Haha 1

Just now, happy v said:

Enjoy yourself Mb, and please no catastrophes. I have just been reading about another of your mishaps on a different thread 

My name given is Pauline and my mother referred to me as Pauline the Peril from age 5!

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

Enjoy  Cunard.

Since covid I've been on both Cunard QG and Saga. I must say Saga beat Cunard in every respect,  Food ,  service,  entertainment,  and certainly ambience.  Not by much but just a little better in every thing.

Thanks. That’s useful to know as we are keen to try Saga but the earliest is likely to be 2025 as the 2024 offerings were way too expensive or were too close to our already booked P&O and Cunard cruises. 

We are looking forward to trying Cunard. It’s only a short cruise but we have a fortnight with them next year. We are in Princess Grill and got it for less than £100 pppn, which is an unbelievable bargain at around 25% of the usual fare. We certainly won’t be able to try Saga for that price, sadly 😂 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Thanks. That’s useful to know as we are keen to try Saga but the earliest is likely to be 2025 as the 2024 offerings were way too expensive or were too close to our already booked P&O and Cunard cruises. 

We are looking forward to trying Cunard. It’s only a short cruise but we have a fortnight with them next year. We are in Princess Grill and got it for less than £100 pppn, which is an unbelievable bargain at around 25% of the usual fare. We certainly won’t be able to try Saga for that price, sadly 😂 

I was quoted  staring from  £10,144 solo on the October 2024 Italian  cruise on Saga i looked at.   I'm not mean by any reckoning but that scared the pants off me, I'll stick to P&O, Cunard and Celebrity until I win the lottery.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Sounds  a fantastic price for Princess Grill,  at that price beats Saga for value.  Is this the coronation cruise. A once off bargain unless QM2  breaks down again and they have to come up with a cruise with a few days to spare.

7 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

Sounds  a fantastic price for Princess Grill,  at that price beats Saga for value.  Is this the coronation cruise. A once off bargain unless QM2  breaks down again and they have to come up with a cruise with a few days to spare.

Yes it is. QM2 has moved to Queen Elizabeth II terminal this evening, which I assume means that she is ready for the off tomorrow, having been repaired. If she breaks down once we’ve left we shall just take up residence in the Grills Lounge and Princess Grill restaurant whilst bobbing around waiting to be towed 😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1