Adapter needed?

Vineyard View

On 4/26/2023 at 11:20 AM, Isklaar said:

If you can do a board search someone posted a multiple USB C that they were using onboard quite recently. I thought I had the thread bookmarked but I don't. If you can't find the post,  comment here again and I'll check for it on a different device.

Also useful to know is that there are fewer US outlets in the suite than EU. 

I have this one and it works great. When you have so many devices it is perfect

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charger-PowerPort-iPhone-Galaxy/dp/B00P936188/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=multi%2Busb%2Bcharger&qid=1683742402&sprefix=multi%2Bus%2Caps%2C145&sr=8-5&th=1

1 hour ago, cruisinsince75 said:

There is only a USB-A on each side on the older ships.  The nearest place to plug in a CPAP is at the bar, but that power point is European so you would need a converter.  The closest NA power point is at the dressing table.

Okay well that’s good to know. Not a great situation for sure but better to know ahead. 

17 hours ago, shellbeachjim said:

Ah, extension cords…

I always pack an extension cord for my CPAP, but I am uncomfortable using it with 220V service. It’s fairly light and I’m not sure if it can handle higher voltages. It is UL rated, but the tags on it are long gone. So, I only use it with 110V. Most CPAPs are multi-voltage now (thankfully). I’ve never had a problem plugging mine into 220V service. I have used the cord in cabins where the only outlet is away from the bed. In that case I unplug it in the morning and stuff it under the bed until the next evening. 

I solved that problem by buying some extension cords while in Europe.  Two pin cord, three meters in length.  Designed for 220 plugs and current.  Easy enough to find there.

Far more value from that than a number of souvenirs bought on other trips.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruisinsince75 said:

There is only a USB-A on each side on the older ships.  The nearest place to plug in a CPAP is at the bar, but that power point is European so you would need a converter.  The closest NA power point is at the dressing table.

Careful with your terminology.  Are you referring to a "converter", which changes the voltage of the current, or an "adapter", which does nothing to the current, but is merely a way to use a different plug in the outlet?

And if you do mean "converter", be aware that converters have load limits, so that light duty ones will burn out if too high a load is placed on them.

6 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Careful with your terminology.  Are you referring to a "converter", which changes the voltage of the current, or an "adapter", which does nothing to the current, but is merely a way to use a different plug in the outlet?

And if you do mean "converter", be aware that converters have load limits, so that light duty ones will burn out if too high a load is placed on them.

I stand corrected.  Yes an adapter.