Allergies Experience on WS: Gluten Free esp

suefrankw

HI All, could find no info here on gluten free on WS so wondering if someone could provide info.. I just off Azamara and they were spectacular with my gluten free need. went over and above..Celebrity not so good..... anyone have allergy experiences in WS?

I am a seasoned cruiser (over 50 cruises on many lines) so know about notifying them and meeting when on board... just looking for someone that has actual experience with an allergy on WS. Would really like to try their line.

thanks so much. all info is appreciated.

Windstar is awesome on this issue!  Just cruised for 14 days and we are gluten intolerant.  You tell them when you book and reference that on the special needs form they send you and, when you are onboard, they do the rest beautifully.  The first meal you may need to remind them, but they say they can do anything GF.  We were given the next evening's menu to select from and leave with the chef and then our choices were confirmed briefly when we arrived for that dinner.  It was great to have delicious sauces and gravies again with no worry!  Also, the staff is there to question about what you can have other times of the day, although the buffet lunch items should be carefully perused as we found an occasional confusing label, quickly corrected.

Their GF bread is okay, but nothing special, but they have it easily available - just ask.  The "plant-based" offerings which have no gluten, salt, sugar, or oil are a choice at every meal.  You may cruise GF with Windstar with no hassles!

• Like 1