Celebration v Mardi Gras Questions

vacruisin

Hello my fellow cruisers.  A group of about 20 of us will be sailing on the Mardi Gras the week of July 4th and we are anxiously counting down.  

DW and I sailed on the Celebration in January and for the most part we really liked the layout of the ship so we are excited to board the Mardi Gras.  My questions are to those who have sailed on both the Celebration and Mardi Gras:

1.) Are they laid out pretty much exactly the same?  I know that a couple of the bars are different but is that all that's different about the 2 ships?

2.)  And speaking of bars, is the Alchemy bar in the same place (we were not too impressed with the Alchemy bar location on the Celebration).

3.)  Also, we particularly enjoyed Latitudes, Bar 820, and the Golden Jubilee bars but we know they are not on the Mardi Gras.  What bars are in those locations on the Mardi Gras?  

4.)  Are the food venues located in the same place (Guys, Shaq's Big Chicken, etc)? 

Thanks in advance for all responses and Happy Cruising to all!

Edited by vacruisin
extra space deleted

1. Layout is the same, other than a few different bars and Emirl's (however you spell it) being in a different spot.

2. Alchemy is in the same spot.

3. I believe it was Brass Magnolia and Fortune Teller in those areas, and I actually much preferred them over the others on Celebration!

4. Yes, same locations. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

1. Layout is the same, other than a few different bars and Emirl's (however you spell it) being in a different spot.

2. Alchemy is in the same spot.

3. I believe it was Brass Magnolia and Fortune Teller in those areas, and I actually much preferred them over the others on Celebration!

4. Yes, same locations. 

Excellent!  Thanks for the feedback.  We are usually Alchemy bar fans but on the Celebration we pretty much camped out at Latitudes every evening after dinner.  If the Brass Magnolia and Fortune Teller are better we may just stowaway on the ship! lol

Edited by vacruisin

3 minutes ago, vacruisin said:

Excellent!  Thanks for the feedback.  We are usually Alchemy bar fans but on the Celebration we pretty much camped out at Latitudes every evening after dinner.  If the Brass Magnolia and Fortune Teller are better we may just stowaway on the ship! lol

We love Alchemy, but the location on MG/Celebration is TIGHT!!! 

Fortune Teller is a great place to camp out....we worked our way thru the menu and it has lots of seating. Loved it!!

29 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

We love Alchemy, but the location on MG/Celebration is TIGHT!!! 

Fortune Teller is a great place to camp out....we worked our way thru the menu and it has lots of seating. Loved it!!

Yes, the Alchemy bar on the Celebration is a very tight fit.  We only went there twice the entire cruise partly because of the crowded location but mainly because of all the new bar options on the ship; We enjoyed trying new drinks.  Carnival was in desperate need of introducing new bars with different options to the ships and they definitely delivered on the Celebration (and apparently the Mardi Gras too).  Oh yeah, in case you hadn't noticed yet, we spend a good amount of time at the bars so of course the CHEERS package is a must for us!

Edited by vacruisin
  • Like 1

I always make friends with an Alchemy Bartender and post up there most nights. I thought Celebration was tight to try to get a seat at the bar but, we loved grabbing a couch and people watching as folks go to and from dinner.  

• Like 2

Yeah, I've been on MG a couple of times and it's not the most user friendly Alchemy. If you get a seat, great... but I spent less time at Alchemy on MG than on any other cruise. THAT SAID - Brass Magnolia is my favorite bar at sea thus far, and it's not particularly close. Enjoy!