Seashore vs. Magnifica for 4-night Bahamas Cruise

KellyCz

We’re looking to try an inside cabin for the first time, and we’ve targeted Spring Break 2024 to do it. Current plan is a 4-night cruise, plus a couple of days in Florida afterward. Our MSC options are:

Seashore: Port Canaveral, Ocean Cay, Nassau
Magnifica: Miami, Nassau, Ocean Cay

The Seashore is much newer than the Magnifica, and considerably larger. What do you see as the pros and cons between the two?

Spring Break on a 4-night cruise? Either ship will be a "party ship" for those cruises although the MSC Seashore will probably be able to absorb the crowd better. A YC Interior on the Seashore (YC is not available on MSC Magnifica) would separate you better from the crowd.

• Like 1

If the YC is within your budget line, go for the Seashore, once the Magnifica doesn't have one. The other way round, if the YC is not on your budget then choose the Magnifica. Less "bells & whistles", but surely a far more civilized pax environment. Sailing out of Miami, the Magnifica will enjoy a larger share of Europeans traveling for the Florida parks and a cruise joint together. While both will be "party ship" cruises, the Magnifica will be always better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

If the YC is within your budget line, go for the Seashore

The YC is definitely not in our budget. (Plus, I just checked, and YC interiors are already sold out for that week.) We need to work with the school calendar. Will it be less of a party ship cruise if we travel during the summer vs. spring break? Or do all the shorter itineraries have the same vibe?

3 hours ago, KellyCz said:

The YC is definitely not in our budget. (Plus, I just checked, and YC interiors are already sold out for that week.) We need to work with the school calendar. Will it be less of a party ship cruise if we travel during the summer vs. spring break? Or do all the shorter itineraries have the same vibe?

As a side note, IMO, it may be easier to fly into Orlando and shuttle to Port Canaveral than Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. Which to me would be a plus for Seashore.

7 hours ago, KellyCz said:

All the shorter cruises trend to the party ship. The ones that can attract a larger international crowd will trend to be more civilized. The Magnifica is a smaller ship, so more bearable in the end of the day. The Seashore perhaps better for small kids due to the specific venues.

I would choose Seashore also - lots of public space and activities.  

PS: I assumed you have children, but now realize you may be educators.  If you have children, hands down go for Seashore.  If not, Magnifica will most likely have fewer children due to fewer options to attract families.

Edited by APDMOM
PS
  • Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 5:05 PM, APDMOM said:

PS: I assumed you have children, but now realize you may be educators.  If you have children, hands down go for Seashore.  If not, Magnifica will most likely have fewer children due to fewer options to attract families.

Thanks! I should have been more specific. No young children; one of us is an educator.