Escape Haven Aft Facing Penthouse - Deck Question

Gemina

Hey there! 

We’re sailing with NCL the first time in Feb 2023 after previously sailing with Royal and Disney. We’re booked into a Haven Aft Penthouse on the Escape and I’m second guessing my deck choice. Currently I have us on deck 9 after moving from 14 (we wanted the bedroom with the window as opposed to the bathroom). Is deck 9 a decent choice? 

very much looking forward to our first NCL experience. Any advice is appreciated!

I can't believe I'm beating @Two Wheels Only in answering this. It's the small victories in life.

There's a great thread here, where he outlines all of the configurations.

I think this is a great room to have. I had it on the Bliss, but I was on 13 and had the smallest balcony. Deck 9 has the largest balcony, so a great snag. The room is fantastic, and has a lot of space. I did not miss being outside of the Haven complex. It was about a 3 min walk to get there.

Enjoy!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hutcha said:

I can't believe I'm beating @Two Wheels Only in answering this. It's the small victories in life.

I think this is a great room to have. I had it on the Bliss, but I was on 13 and had the smallest balcony. Deck 9 has the largest balcony, so a great snag. The room is fantastic, and has a lot of space. I did not miss being outside of the Haven complex. It was about a 3 min walk to get there.

Enjoy!!

We had the Haven Aft on deck 10 on the Joy a few weeks ago. By far the Bacony makes up for being outside the Haven Complex, our cabin had the door from the bedroom to the balcony as well which we loved!!! Also, people made comments that the Aft Cabins have a lot of vibration, i can say we had hardly any and barely noticed it unless the sturn thrusters were being used when docking. 

51 minutes ago, Hutcha said:

Enjoy!!

I can't comment on deck 9 but we were on the Bliss in 11312, it was one of the aft facing suites with the bathroom on the outside instead of the bedroom, and we loved it. We loved the room, the balcony, and the bathroom with the sea views. We paid a fair price for it as well, and we would definitely book it again if we got the chance. For us the room was well worth it even if it wasn't in the Haven complex.

Edited by tomservo

10 hours ago, Gemina said:

Is deck 9 a decent choice?

As noted above, deck 9 has the deepest/largest balcony for the aft-facing suites. 

A couple of things to add.....

NCL has changed the alphanumeric codes for many staterooms so the thread referenced above has the correct information but the codes have been changed. 

Also, for Breakaway/Getaway (Breakaway Class), Joy, Bliss, and Encore (Breakaway Plus Class), NCL has started to charge more for the larger balcony aft-facing suites and has even put them in a separate category. For Escape, they are all (currently) the same category and the same price. In other words, changing from deck 14 to deck 9 on Escape shouldn't result in a change in price but trying the same on the other ships will probably cost more to change. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much! I appreciate all of the feedback. I am so looking forward to our Haven experience even without being directly in the Haven complex. We’ve always used our balcony a ton on previous cruises so I imagine we will fall in love with this room. 

• 2 weeks later...