How do I book Experience More packages these days?

BrendaJ

Obviously I don’t want to tie up the phone lines at this point, and my cruise doesn’t depart till July; however, I would like to book excursions with the onboard credit that comes with the Ultimate package.

I have to say, I feel like I missed my window of opportunity with the excursions.   I was suddenly able to view them yesterday, but today I logged in and they’re gone, so I guess it’s no big rush for the package, but I don’t want to wait till we’re onboard, as excursions may sell out if others are able to view them.

Edit:   Well, I just tried again and it looks like I could book it on-line now, although I’m a little concerned on how they sell it, implying the price is per person rather than per cabin.   At least it is available to book online now and I assume the cost is actually per cabin, not per person.

Edited by BrendaJ
New info

on post extension hotels, they renamed the langham in hong kong as the lagham,  only thing i could think is they are So Professional that they don’t how to spell the name of one of the leading hotel brands, maybe hilton will become hilltown.

and by the way on my screen it says airport transfers are free or 0 dollars anyway….They need to get serious and fix this before they transition themselves out of business.

I am not cruising again till next year with no final payment till november but (not threatening) if they dont get their act together by then there will be NO final payment from me and i love the ships.

17 hours ago, BrendaJ said:

Obviously I don’t want to tie up the phone lines at this point, and my cruise doesn’t depart till July; however, I would like to book excursions with the onboard credit that comes with the Ultimate package.

I have to say, I feel like I missed my window of opportunity with the excursions.   I was suddenly able to view them yesterday, but today I logged in and they’re gone, so I guess it’s no big rush for the package, but I don’t want to wait till we’re onboard, as excursions may sell out if others are able to view them.

Edit:   Well, I just tried again and it looks like I could book it on-line now, although I’m a little concerned on how they sell it, implying the price is per person rather than per cabin.   At least it is available to book online now and I assume the cost is actually per cabin, not per person.

You may want to wait until the website changeover is sorted out to purchase this package. I purchased the Indulgence Package in late February for a Amazon & Brazil cruise we are taking in the Fall, for $1499 (total, for our cabin; not per person). After purchasing the package, I used the $700 Shore Excursion OBC to book several shore excursions for hubby and me. The package no longer shows on my booking, and although my reserved shore excursions are on my booking, it shows that I owe money towards them.  As that cruise is still a good bit out, I'm hoping it will get sorted. Currently, I'm more concerned about the issues with my upcoming Mediterranean cruise.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terry&mike said:

The package no longer shows on my booking, and although my reserved shore excursions are on my booking, it shows that I owe money towards them. 

That is my biggest concern now.   I do want to make sure we get one excursion in particular, but a similar one is advertised with Viator for far less money, so I may just do that one, although it’s not quite as interesting.   If I do break down and book the package before we sail, I will be sure to take screen shots of everything that transpires.

I am really surprised that there are so many issues more than a month after the transition.   I think they need to send another e-mail to all of the passengers who having a cruise booked in the next couple of months, instructing them on how do deal with their concerns, as calling them is rather difficult currently.  I imagine it’s embarrassing for a cruise line to admit to all of their customers just how much is still not working, especially since that could impact future bookings for people who don’t log into their online account, have their travel agent take care of everything, and might not even be aware of the current issues.

• Like 1

Hi - if I book the Experience More package before I board using my credit card, and book certain excursions as part of the included shore excursion credit, when I am onboard can I as for my cc to be refunded in full and re book the package using my OBC.

Is this do able and has anybody done it recenlty

Thanks

Thank You.

I could have sworn I received a reply last night saying I could not use my OBC but its disappeared (the Azamara website issues must be contagious)😂

A follow up question if anybody knows the answer.

If I book shore excursions before I board using my credit card can I have my card refunded if I then decide to purchase an Experience More package once onboard and so use the included shore excursions credit instead?

Regards

9 hours ago, Billy Butlin said:

Thank You.

I could have sworn I received a reply last night saying I could not use my OBC but its disappeared (the Azamara website issues must be contagious)😂

If I book shore excursions before I board using my credit card can I have my card refunded if I then decide to purchase an Experience More package once onboard and so use the included shore excursions credit instead?

Regards

Yes you can (or you used to be able to pre-transition).  However, be aware that if the price of the excursion has gone up, you will be charged the higher price.

19 hours ago, Billy Butlin said:

Thank You.

Regards

I cruised in January on Pursuit and also wanted to do this. The answer is, yes but with a small catch.

What you are in essence doing is booking excursions in advance, then cancelling them when you are onboard. Unless it has changed, this is allowed but note 2 things. First I think there is a cancellation period, from recollection it's 48 hours but you would need to check. So you would have to ensure that, for example, you aren't trying to cancel a tour on your first stop as this might be outside the notice period.

Secondly, and this applied to me, some tours are non cancellable. These are mainly non standard tours such as private tours with your own personal driver or host. You can see why they are reluctant to cancel these.

As the above poster says, you will pay any change in price for the tour you re-book. You'd also have to give some thought as to sequencing. I guess the safest route is to buy the package first at reception, then go to tours to do your cancelling and re-booking.

What you can't do is use OBC towards the Experience More package before you board, then use the tour credit in advance. You can only buy it with your card, thus leaving yourself with some potentially useless OBC . Hence you need to buy it onboard, then you can use your OBC. This struck me as pretty daft, since you are using it for an onboard service, and I did hear rumour they might change this in future but for now, you need to physically be on board to use it.