UDP is not available before cruise

I keep checking to see if the UDP is available on our cruise in a little over 3 months, but it just keeps coming up "amazing experiences coming soon".

I called them back in January and was told sometime in March I should see it. Nothing in March, so called again late March and was told April, still nothing.

Called today and was told because our cruise starts in one port and picks up in another port a couple of days later, they will not offer it. You need to pay and book it on board if it is available at the higher price, then if it was sold before the cruise. So the 2 other people I spoke with had no clue what they were talking about.

There were 6 of us going, but pardon the pun, it left such a bad taste with RC, we cancelled all 3 rooms. ( final payment is next week) I know they could care less as they will sell the 3 rooms to someone. What is upsetting is the fact that twice I was told it would be on the website. So if all along they never had any intensions of offering, why say "coming soon" why not just " not available on this cruise. In any case typical RC poor customer service. While it won't do much I will never sail with them again and will spread the word best I can not to book with them. When the economy was bad, customer service was good in most businesses, but once people start spending money and there is more demand, big companies just don't care. If I did my job they way they do, I would be fired!

I was wondering why you hadn't had any answers to your post. Now, I know. I, for one, cannot believe that you cancelled your cruise over their failure to let you know if and when the UDP would be available. I really don't know what to say to you, other than you may be that person who always sweats the small stuff. There is no perfect cruise line, so maybe cruising is just not for you. DH and I have had no bad cruises; some were better than others but none were terrible and service has always been outstanding on Royal Caribbean. Don't mean to anger you even more, as I am sorry your experience with Royal was unacceptable to you. If this happened to me, I would still very much enjoy my cruise. Have a better day! Cheers!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, flukemaster said:

What is upsetting is the fact that twice I was told it would be on the website.

You could have asked here on CC and would have been told that interporting sailings like yours have issues as you describe, and planner and other items may never become available. RCI giving bad info is fairly routine.

As I stated in the post, it was not 100% because we could not purchase it. I won't send my money with a company that provides such crappy customer service. Already rebooking with a different land based company. I refuse to send my hard earned money with nitwits.