Is the Captain Circle Loyalty Program sailing in the wake of the future?

flyboy88

3 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Back in the day 😆, I think Platinums did have unlimited internet. I recall my first cruise at the platinum level. It was a transpacific and DH was supposed to have been with me to celebrate the end of his military career. He was stop lossed and I ended up going with a friend instead since he wouldn’t be home for the holidays. I spent a lot of time emailing him during those 31 days.  A LOT. 

I see.... well I suppose it could be, but must have been passed when we started as I only recall hearing about Elites.  Then again, I don't have a long history.

10 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Funny…I don’t miss them in the least. 

They were always in the way and uncomfortable to sit in. 

10 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I said the same thing when we had an inside cabin without the little round table. The first thing we used to do was put it in the closet. 

The only thing it was handy for was to use as a place to put shoes on in the closet. 

19 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I said the same thing when we had an inside cabin without the little round table. The first thing we used to do was put it in the closet. 

Good idea.  Moving that table would provide more room.  We happen to like it for "stuff."  Again, the great thing about cruising is that we all get to customize the experience.

19 hours ago, Teechur said:

Or perhaps the reasoning was that you aren't spending money while sitting in your cabin?

You're saying that Princess removed the chairs from the balcony cabins because the XBGuys do not spend enough?

I'll be darned.

Now all the posters on Cruise Critic who bemoaned the removal of those chairs know who to blame. There are only a couple people out there who know my real identity.  Now, they will be able to extort me for all the money that I did not spend on cruises.

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

Good idea.  Moving that table would provide more room.  We happen to like it for "stuff."  Again, the great thing about cruising is that we all get to customize the experience.

You're saying that Princess removed the chairs from the balcony cabins because the XBGuys do not spend enough?

I'll be darned.

Now all the posters on Cruise Critic who bemoaned the removal of those chairs know who to blame. There are only a couple people out there who know my real identity.  Now, they will be able to extort me for all the money that I did not spend on cruises.

Mea Culpa: Let me rephrase that: "Or perhaps the reasoning was that people aren't spending money while sitting in their rooms."

• Thanks 1