Blue Chip Booking & Move Up

sixpackeddie

We received a offer for a complimentary sky suite on a 9 day Europe Cruise this summer and was wondering if the move up program is permitted with Blue Chip Bookings?

Also would it be fair to say that the higher the category of your existing cabin would mean the cost of the upgrade or bid would be less vs a lower category cabin?

As an example, would the amount of a bid required from an inside cabin be more $ to bid on a Sky Suite vs an Aqua Class category to a Sky Suite?

Thanks for your assistance!

According the latest video of The Traveling Gamblers they were able to upgrade their Sky Suite for a $3000 move up bid (1500x2) to a villa on the Transatlantic.

You should be eligible to place a bid. AFAIK the starting point of your bid depends on the cabin class you're currently booked in.

Edited by Fly and Sail

Complimentary Blue Chip bookings are now eligible for Move Up (they did not used to be), but from my experience it is never automatic.  Every time so far I have had to email the move up office (CelebrityMoveUp@Celebrity.com), and provide my name and booking number, and ask for access to the Move Up offers, and they emailed me a link.  They respond in about a week. Sometimes they make you wait until the 21 days before you cruise, but once I heard people in my roll call are getting the move up emails, I try and email them at that point (which is often well in front of the 21 days).

• Like 1

I just did it last week , I went from free Veranda to a move up bid to an Aqua Sky Suite 

Just a note though as other people where getting there offers I did not and I had to email them to ask if i could bid, They said yes and it took about 30 hours before I got my email offer 

Edited by tonyinoc

2 hours ago, tonyinoc said:

I just did it last week , I went from free Veranda to a move up bid to an Aqua Sky Suite 

Just a note though as other people where getting there offers I did not and I had to email them to ask if i could bid, They said yes and it took about 30 hours before I got my email offer 

Thank you for the information 

On 4/28/2023 at 11:53 AM, AlbertaCruisers said:

Complimentary Blue Chip bookings are now eligible for Move Up (they did not used to be), but from my experience it is never automatic.  Every time so far I have had to email the move up office (CelebrityMoveUp@Celebrity.com), and provide my name and booking number, and ask for access to the Move Up offers, and they emailed me a link.  They respond in about a week. Sometimes they make you wait until the 21 days before you cruise, but once I heard people in my roll call are getting the move up emails, I try and email them at that point (which is often well in front of the 21 days).

Just sharing a datapoint, BCC bookings were eligible ever sine the restart (I had to reach out to the exec team for my July 2021 sailing).  The BCC themselves would tell you it isn't (false) and there was nothing they could do about it (true).  Only the move up email you listed can make it eligible

• Like 1

Apologies for taking this thread a bit off track. Are the free offers being received via email? Mail? I have to call BCC to see if I have a complimentary sailing (and have not gotten an “offer code” since January). They look up last sailing and tell me I qualify for up to 8 nights in a veranda cabin. When I’ve asked how much it would be to upgrade from veranda to, for example, AQ it was $$$$$. Maybe the Move Up option would be less expensive? Thanks for any insight on any of this. 

4 minutes ago, def0715 said:

Apologies for taking this thread a bit off track. Are the free offers being received via email? Mail? I have to call BCC to see if I have a complimentary sailing (and have not gotten an “offer code” since January). They look up last sailing and tell me I qualify for up to 8 nights in a veranda cabin. When I’ve asked how much it would be to upgrade from veranda to, for example, AQ it was $$$$$. Maybe the Move Up option would be less expensive? Thanks for any insight on any of this. 

Email, Mail or sometimes nothing and you have to call.

Blue Chip Club is a complete mess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1