Moderate priced hotel in Lisbon

We are doing a cruise that leaves from Lisbon in early September. There will be 4 of us (one who uses a mobility scooter) and none of us have been to Lisbon before. Can anyone recommend a moderate priced hotel in a good neighborhood? There is one couple and two singles so we will be wanting 3 rooms and hoping to stay under $200 per night...if this is possible! Appreciate any suggestions.

Cannot recommend a specific hotel but can recommend an area which would at least narrow down your search area. .  Lisbon is a nightmare of steep (very steep) streets, many of the cobbled  and even the fittest might struggle with them at times.

Having visited a number of times and enjoyed a longer city break ,I can recommend you look for accommodation in the Baixa area which is largely flat/even ground, central, with many hotels, restaurants, bars etc, but also really really convenient for public transport should you want to do that, including vintage and modern trams, the metro, buses, including the airport bus and close to where cruise ships dock. Iinfo on using  public transport can be found online.  There are also several of the main city sights to visit in the area and it should be really easy for a mobility scooter to take a rider around the area. Praca Figuera  (a main transport hub) is also close by.

Anywhere on or around Rua Augusta / Rua da Prata/Rua Vitoria. would be my advice.  Google Rua Augusta for its location on a map and look at what there nearby.. And Tripadvisor accommodation reviews may mention how central and  flat/even the hotel locations are.(and that is quite important in Lisbon)

Others have recommended that area in the past, also hotel names  To find these threads and posts, go to the general Other Mediterranean Ports Forum, not to an individual thread, and input the words Rua Augusta into the emppty search box under your username, hit the little spy glass and you should get results ready to read.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Your thoughtful, detailed reply is greatly appreciated.

olya 1972 Thanks for acknowledging as many posters are quick to ask but few take the trouble to offer feedback whether it be positive or negative.  In this instance pleased you found it helpful.

There is one hotel which has had several positive reviews for both location and a good experience, Hotel da Baixa on Rua da Prata although .I have no idea of pricing there.  It can be found here on post #7;  Thre are of course a number of other options in that area,Refer to post #2 to find some of them.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2896693-tours-from-lisbon/#comment-65351636

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We spent one night at the Tempo FLH near Santa Justa Elevator in Baixa (Aurea Street, I believe).  It wasn't cushy, just comfortable, fairly modern, very clean and in a very good location for sightseeing and finding dinner.  They also had a very good included breakfast.  In late April it was around $160 including tax and the nightly city hotel tax, booked on Booking.com. There is another "Tempo FLH" hotel in Lisbon down toward the base of Alfama.  It looked nice too, but I think it was a little more expensive.  We also spent 2 nights at the OnSet Alfama apartments in Alfama.  That was great, but a little more expensive, and also a bit hard to book unless you do it months in advance. 

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished many hours of research looking for a moderately priced hotel for May 2024 pre-cruise. I narrowed it down to about 5 hotels and ended up booking Hotel Marques de Pombal directly with the property. I stayed at a more expensive but terrific hotel, NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade, in 2019 but we wanted a better priced option since we are booked for 3 nights. Anyway, here are the results of my research. The area of Avenida da Liberdade is flat and beautiful.

[I hope the copy-paste works!]

image.png.d8b407d3a2c20f31023e77e19403b06a.png

$       740.00    
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, BAYA said:

I just finished many hours of research looking for a moderately priced hotel for May 2024 pre-cruise. I narrowed it down to about 5 hotels and ended up booking Hotel Marques de Pombal directly with the property. I stayed at a more expensive but terrific hotel, NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade, in 2019 but we wanted a better priced option since we are booked for 3 nights. Anyway, here are the results of my research. The area of Avenida da Liberdade is flat and beautiful.

[I hope the copy-paste works!]

image.png.d8b407d3a2c20f31023e77e19403b06a.png

$       740.00    

Good info. Thank You.

• 2 weeks later...

We have stayed numerous times at Hotel Principe Lisboa. The rooms are nice, clean, and quiet and the staff is great.  There is a metro station directly across the street, making it easy to get wherever you want.  Very reasonable prices.