Bimini

tbmrt

I love the beach and am thinking of putting our stuff down there, enjoying the beach and then walking over to see the pool's festivities and lunch later.  Are the beach and pool pretty close to walk back and forth?  I couldn't tell by looking at the map.

Questions:

Are beach shoes needed for the beach?  Husband is a "tender foot".  

Have to say that Iam concerned about swimming on the Bimini beach after reading about so many sharks in Bimini.  I had been snorkeling near the shoreline in Grace Bay, Turks & Caicos and turned my head to see a huge shark quite close to me.  Scared me to death.  Had read about being calm, not splashing, etc., but have to say, I hurried out of that area really quickly! 

Has anyone had any shark encounters off the beach in Bimini?  I know there is a shark encounter trip which I couldn't imagine doing after reading about it.

32 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

Questions:

Are beach shoes needed for the beach?  Husband is a "tender foot".  

Have to say that Iam concerned about swimming on the Bimini beach after reading about so many sharks in Bimini.

flipflops are going to be useful as they have a runner down on the sand for walking on, but rough under foot on it. 

sharks are out in the deeper water and have zero interest in the beach. Swim and enjoy the water as it’s warm and so blue!

• Like 1

We found the sand at the beach club to be some of the softest we have ever felt.  Super comfortable on your feet, but since I have bad knees, it did increase the degree of difficulty in walking for me.  😄

• Like 1

I agree that the sand was incredibly soft, as well as clean and devoid of stones, etc.  The runner goes part way down but isn't really comfortable to walk on.  And the concrete areas get very hot.  Bottom line:  brings flip flops or water shoes.  I also didn't see any place to rinse off feet or shoes when moving from beach to pool, but maybe I missed it.

There are places to rinse your feet, but they are located near the bathrooms (at least the ones I could find).  So, essentially, you have to go from the beach past the pool to rinse your feet before going back to the pool.