Semi-live from the Discovery Princess | April 30 – May 7 | Alaska Inside Passage

OrcaGirl

4 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

Wonderfully done.  I’m looking forward to your next cruise almost as much as you are.

Well then... you don't have long to wait. 🤣

While I was onboard the Discovery Princess, the friend that I introduced to cruising last October (on the Celebrity Solstice) texted me to ask if I'd help her pick out a cruise for her to take her 8-year-old son on... and then she invited me to join them.

So my next cruise will be June 17, back to Alaska, on the Norwegian Bliss. Catch my next semi-live-from over on the Norwegian boards then... hopefully with less COVID this time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A few final thoughts on our cabin...

Our cabin was L206, forward and port-side, on the Lido deck, and we had a mini-suite.

As the 'youngest' of the three, I got the sofa bed, which was surprisingly comfortable if narrow. By the fifth day or so, I asked our wonderful steward to stop transforming it back into a sofa each day. The curtains separating my 'room' from the proper beds was handy, though some people need to learn boundaries and ask if I'm decent before coming on in to grab something from the mini-fridge.

The balcony was well appreciated, even if we didn't spend as much time our there as I would have liked, and a couple of nights I was able to leave the door open for fresh breezes and the sound of the waves.

This may have been the first cruise I've ever been on where we actually filled the closet, like every single hanger was occupied. There was a good amount of clothes storage, but I found the bathroom storage to be tight for three women with all of our assorted toiletries.

We heard some noise from our neighbours once or twice, but nothing major.

D brought her CPAP machine, and I knew from these boards that the cruise ship would be accommodating, so there was an extension cord and a jug of distilled water waiting in the cabin for her.

I would have liked just one more outlet in the room... the plug above the table near the phone was weird, in that anything chunky you plugged into the US-style outlet overlapped with and pressed up against the light switch.

D5C0D0F5-C2E4-4111-A7A1-93EB41B9C6B5.thumb.jpeg.0a7da473778f64ef4e83f7629aefb0e2.jpeg

It was great being on the same deck at the buffet, and a straight shot down the elevator to the Enclave.

Edited by OrcaGirl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That really sucks you caught Covid; I hope you feel better soon! I always enjoy your cruise blogs. This one reinforced that there is a cruise line for everyone, and we are all different. I was on the Solstice a few months ago and normally cruise Princess. To me, just about everything is much better on Princess, but that’s just my personal opinion. Looking forward to your next cruise blog, and by one of your last posts, it sounds like it’s just around the corner! 

• Like 1