When can I drop off my carryon?

geovet

47 minutes ago, BallFour4 said:

I'll try one more time Elaine. We have never had a problem for early access beyond being questioned if we were platinum or diamond. Once we showed our status we were able to access our cabin. Pre-Covid we were able to stay there, and once we returned to cruising the option to drop luggage was no problem. 
 The staff members we've encountered were dancers, tech crew and more. When you say "hundreds... and no one has ever complained" that is a blanket statement. I gave you the actual experiences from cruises aboard the Liberty, Freedom, Glory, Breeze, Triumph, Valor, Vista, Magic, Conquest, Ecstasy, Elation and Imagination. The rest were before the early access option was in place. I have little care if you don't believe me, we are just three short of fifty years cruising with Carnival and Royal Caribbean so we might have missed something...

See You At Sea. 

So one person out of the millions onboard both encountered a crew member guarding the halldoors and was required to show proof to pass?  That is just bad luck or maybe you are just assuming that the crew there with muster signs are checking?  I have been on nine of those ships and I must have sneak by.  

We turn platinum on our next cruise and feel a little uncomfortable with opening the doors.  Where will our documentation show that we are able to drop our luggage and go? I don't see it on the VIFP pages that lists out the various perks.  If I had something in writing, I'd be more comfortable and not feel like I was 'breaking the rules':)

On 5/5/2023 at 7:34 PM, wemjam said:

Some people choose not to check bags.  We can pack for an entire week in two legit airplane carry on size suite cases.  So it isn't a case of bringing too much.

We like to drop our bags so we don't have to lug them around the ship with us.  Since it is an option for us we take advantage of it.  It is not an obsession but a practicality.  We keep a shoulder bag with us.

I have been on far too many cruises with luggage missing (and my mothers went missing once, but luckily was found around 10pm the first night).  I choose not to take a chance.

Yes, us too! No more checking huge bags with the porters. I’m new to Carnival and just bought FTTF for our upcoming Horizon cruise…hoping it works like a charm for luggage drop off! 

I just turned Diamond on my cruise in February out of Tampa.  Prior to that cruise, I always wanted to be one of the first ones onboard (lol).  I'd pry open the closed hallway doors (once I became Platinum) and several times there was someone "guarding" the door so that I'd have to show my boarding pass, put the luggage in the cabin and try to get in and out without bothering the stewards.  

Since this was a B2B and I would be solo on first half, I decided to make things easier on my sister who would be driving me to the port (only 30 minute drive) and arrive at 1:30 so she wouldn't hit the Thursday morning traffic on the Interstate.  I am now a convert to late arrival!  It was fantastic - no lines at the Xray machine (only one family ahead of me), no lines at check in, onboard within minutes of arrival.  Straight to cabin, dropped off luggage without having to use muscle to open hall door and picked up my S&S, went to check in at muster station, and best of all the Lido restaurant wasn't jammed packed with people and luggage.  It was a much more relaxing start to vacation.

I will be sailing next week out of Tampa again, and do not plan to arrive before 1:30.  

On 4/30/2023 at 9:16 PM, csm5986142 said:

I was super impressed this week on the Dream when our room was ready as soon as we boarded w/the platinum group (that never happens anymore).  

Same experience in Feb on Celebration. Went down around noon to drop off the bags, our steward was in the hall and let us know the room was all ready. Dropped our stuff, checked things out and freshened up before going back up to the water park. I'm sure every ship/sailing is different 

• Like 1