Bermuda from NY in December.... yay or nay?

Viamin_Sea_26

2 hours ago, Viamin_Sea_26 said:

Thanks for all the extra feedback!

Mom is looking to get the cruise entertainment, but I personally have concerns visiting a place for the first time when many things may be closed.  I like to see the culture (and a day on the beach to warm up is always wonderful).

And yes, 70 is warm (not hot) to me.  Keeping in mind we'd be leaving and returning to NYC around 30-40, we'd probably not be able to enjoy outdoor decks while at sea.  I'm not one of *those* NH people that enjoy outdoor activities where frostbite is a probable outcome.  The whole ice bar idea on the last cruise was a hard pass for me when I was escaping cold weather.  😆

By early afternoon of your first day you will be in the Gulf Stream, likely enjoying 70 plus weather.  A lot of the posts here strike me as likely being the opinions of folks without experience.  

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...
On 4/30/2023 at 6:16 PM, Viamin_Sea_26 said:

Debating adding one more trip to the end of this year, to take DH's mom on her first cruise.

We can only do 5 days due to limiting issues, and Mom doesn't want to fly, so that leaves the only port in driving distance NY.

Heard seas (especially in winter) out of NY can be rough, and also heard that Bermuda isn't that warm in December.  We're from New England, so still warmer from home.

Anyone gone on this and have pros/cons?  Especially if taking a first timer?

Ship is Norwegian Getaway if that makes a difference in navigating potentially rougher seas.

Headed on that one next week! Hoping for decent weather! But hey, it’s warmer than New York :-)

• Like 1