Passport day & month got interchanged in the MSC North Europe Cruise ticket received by email from MSC

drsel

While doing web check in on msccruisesusa.com,  the date of issue and expiry of the passport  was in the format mm--dd--yyyy,  ( month before day--US style)

So we wrote the month before the day.

But on the cruise ticket (for our North Europe cruise) received by email from MSC, the date of issue and expiry of the passport is in the format dd--mm--yyyy. (day before month--European style).

So the passport month and day got inter changed in the MSC cruise ticket. (both day & month are single digits)
Note-- date of birth (on BOTH the web check in & the cruise ticket) is in the format mm--dd--yyyy

What should I do?

Edited by drsel

• drsel changed the title to Passport day & month got interchanged in the MSC North Europe Cruise ticket received by email from MSC

I can edit my web check in and change the passport issue/ expiry date to DD/MM/YYYY, but my date of birth is month before day (MM/DD/YYYY) and that cannot be edited. 

So can my date of birth be MM/DD/YYYY, while the passport issue/ expiry date be DD/MM/YYYY ?

Shouldn't the passport issue/expiry date be in the same format as the date of birth ?

Everybody kindly check your MSC cruise ticket.

On your cruise ticket --

Is your date of birth correctly shown, and in the format MM/DD/YYYY ?

Is your passport issue/expiry date correctly shown?

Is your passport issue/expiry date in the format DD/MM/YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY ? 

Thanks for checking 🙏

Edited by drsel

Wow, I noticed that 2 days ago as well.  I went to webcheck-in to change it, but in the web checkin they want it as MM/DD/YYYY, whereas on the ticket they want it in the DD/MM/YY format (just 2 digits for year), through they printed it as MM/DD/YYYY.  

I know that this is a really trivial error, that any official with two brain cells would understand, but I really don't like it -- this is how computer records get lost.  

I was planning on calling MSC today about several issues for our upcomming cruise, including this minor detail.  

Thank you for your post as I have the same concern.  In fact, I posted about this recently in two other threads yet did not receive any feedback from other CC posters.  My last post about this topic follows...

On page 2 of our Cruise Ticket/Embarkation Form, the Passport Date of Issue & Expiry Date are recorded as MM/DD/YY which is the way the information was requested on the MSC website.  However, in parentheses next to the Passport Date of Issue & Expiry Date, it states the information should be recorded as DD/MM/YY.  Our cruise is on MSC Seascape from Port of Miami.  Can someone in the US let me know how this information is recorded on your Cruise Ticket/Embarkation Form?  We'd hate to be denied boarding due to a technical error.  

I will continue to follow this thread for clarification.  Thanks!

I guess none of us can answer this.

Only MSC can answer why the Passport issue/expiry date on the cruise ticket is in DD/MM/YY format, when they want us to enter month before day during web check in.

Please phone MSC & find out

Edited by drsel

I'm sailing on Europa out of Barcelona booked via MSC's US website and my passport is MM/DD/YY both on the site and on my e-ticket. 

In all my check-ins with MSC they've never even looked at my paper e-tickets.  All they've ever gotten from my paper documents is the booking number which they use to pull up the reservation in the computer.  At the YC tent all they look for is the cabin number which they use to cross reference against a printed list they have.  I don't know how important a transposed passport number on an e-ticket is in the greater scheme of things. 

11 minutes ago, B_A_H said:

I'm sailing on Europa out of Barcelona booked via MSC's US website and my passport is MM/DD/YY both on the site and on my e-ticket. 

In all my check-ins with MSC they've never even looked at my paper e-tickets.  All they've ever gotten from my paper documents is the booking number which they use to pull up the reservation in the computer.  At the YC tent all they look for is the cabin number which they use to cross reference against a printed list they have.  I don't know how important a transposed passport number on an e-ticket is in the greater scheme of things. 

On your e-ticket, in parentheses next to the Passport Date of Issue & Expiry Date, does it state that the information should be recorded as DD/MM/YY?  That's what's causing the confusion.  Like you, my passport credentials are recorded as MM/DD/YY on both the site and my e-ticket.  However, on the e-ticket, it clearly states that the information should be recorded as DD/MM/YY.  Hopefully, it will be a non-issue.  Thanks for your feedback!

I called MSC & they said I have to put passport issue/expiry dates as MM/DD/YYYY on the web check in page. Never mind if the cruise ticket or e-ticket shows DD/MM/YY

Anyway, numbers from 13--31 are not accepted in the 1st column during web check in, so it has to be month first, not day

Edited by drsel

37 minutes ago, drsel said:

I called MSC & they said I have to put passport issue/expiry dates as MM/DD/YYYY on the web check in page. Never mind if the cruise ticket or e-ticket shows DD/MM/YY

Anyway, numbers from 13--31 are not accepted in the 1st column during web check in, so it has to be month first, not day

Thanks for your feedback drsel!  It sounds like we're in good shape regarding the e-ticket.  My only remaining issue on the e-ticket is our address.  For some reason, my State is not showing on the e-ticket.  I sure hope our cruise on Seascape goes better than the online registration process.  Having recently cruised on Carnival Celebration, I can assure you that the online experience with MSC is a hot mess!

4 hours ago, captainkurt said:

On your e-ticket, in parentheses next to the Passport Date of Issue & Expiry Date, does it state that the information should be recorded as DD/MM/YY?  That's what's causing the confusion.  Like you, my passport credentials are recorded as MM/DD/YY on both the site and my e-ticket.  However, on the e-ticket, it clearly states that the information should be recorded as DD/MM/YY.  Hopefully, it will be a non-issue.  Thanks for your feedback!

I didn't even notice that.  Here's the deal.  MSC supports regionalized documentation based on where the ticket is issued. 

Here's my passport info from the MSC USA site and MSC Italy site.  It's presented in the correct format based on each countries date entry standards.  I really don't think you have anything to worry about. 

image.thumb.png.59c27131626208e97cf2d30addc48b20.png

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, B_A_H said:

I didn't even notice that.  Here's the deal.  MSC supports regionalized documentation based on where the ticket is issued. 

Here's my passport info from the MSC USA site and MSC Italy site.  It's presented in the correct format based on each countries date entry standards.  I really don't think you have anything to worry about. 

image.thumb.png.59c27131626208e97cf2d30addc48b20.png

Thanks B_A_H!  I think we should be in good shape and I appreciate your feedback!  My passport info is displayed in the same fashion as yours on the MSC USA website.  However, the info displayed on the app is more in line with the MSC Italy website.  Thanks again!

When you check in at the port your passport will be scanned. The computer or tablet app will adjust the date format based on the region of the cruise. The ship’s sailing manifest is generated off the data scanned at embarkation. Don’t worry about it.

Edited by kelleherdl
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

When you check in your passport will be scanned. The computer or tablet app will adjust the format based on the region of the cruise. The ship’s sailing manifest is generated off the data scanned at embarkation. Don’t worry about it.

Thanks kelleherdl!  I'll do as you suggest and not worry about it.  After hearing from you and others today, I'm feeling much more confident that it will all work out.  We're looking forward to our upcoming cruise on Seascape!