CARIBBEAN CRUISE - EXTRA DAY IN BARBADOS AT START OR END OF CRUISE?

nellydean

Hi,

Very interested in a P&O Caribbean cruise next year, starting from Barbados, but can't decide if it's best to fly in and depart the following day (and have a full day in Barbados), or, fly in and board the same day, and leave the 2 days in Barbados to the end.

My question is, if we chose to have the overnight in Barbados at the end, would it give us two full days in Barbados, or would we have only one full day and then have to depart ship early for the airport the next? In other words, does it work our pretty much the same either way?

Many thanks.

Helen

You’re tossing up Friday say 10am - Saturday 2pm departure to airport

v

Friday 4pm arrival through to Saturday 8pm ship departure.

Either way it’s similar.

If you’re concerned about late arriving flights eating into port time then fly on Saturday as I wouldn’t recommend getting back off once you arrive (except for port shop).

If you want to try Oistins, I prefer Saturday arrivals so you do it at the end if you’re cruise - that way you’re not fresh of the plane doing it.

Excursions are basically the same

I prefer Friday if you want to bag the retreat or remaining speciality dining.

I also prefer Friday as that way I don’t spend the last Friday watching enthusiastic new comers arriving knowing I’m leaving the following day…

Very much personal choice!

• Like 1

Personally we prefer flying out the day before the ship sails. Lets you get over the Jet lag then spend the full day in Barbados the next day. If you arrived on the day the ship sails but the flight is late. Last thing you want to do is go to a private muster station when boarding or the next day when tired.

Overnighting at the end you would get about a day and a half to enjoy Barbados, transfers tend to start around Midday I think it is but the last day have to be out the cabins by 9am and knowing it’s the end of the cruise just want to go home. 

Edited by carlanthony24
  • Like 4