Transport Time from Civitavecchia Port to Piazza Navona at 8 a.m. on a Monday

Travel To Be Free

I've always been off the ship at 6:30 or 7:00 so I believe transport was about an hour into Rome.  (I'm not exactly sure of this as I'm going from my memory.)  We will be there overnight this cruise, so we're thinking of maybe leaving at 8:00 a.m. to head into Rome.  Does anyone know if this will slow the drive down due to possible rush hour traffic with people heading to work?  Does anyone have an approximate time estimate for Mondays at 8:00 a.m.?

19 minutes ago, euro cruiser said:

Best case is an hour and a quarter but at rush hour two hours wouldn't be out of the question.

Born in Rome and Euro Cruiser:

If we leave the port at 8 a.m., then we would be getting near the city at 9 a.m.  Do you happen to know if their rush hour is over by that time?

Edited by Travel To Be Free
Addition

considers that in mid-June schools close for the summer holidays, until early September. In summer the traffic drops drastically in the morning.
It is about 90 Kms, and Rome has typical car traffic of large European cities, consider 1h30 to reach the historic center of Rome

2 hours ago, borninrome said:

considers that in mid-June schools close for the summer holidays, until early September. In summer the traffic drops drastically in the morning.
It is about 90 Kms, and Rome has typical car traffic of large European cities, consider 1h30 to reach the historic center of Rome

So if we leave at 7 or 8, is it about the same for the traffic?  Or do you feel 7 is better?    I really appreciate your insight.  

8 hours ago, Travel To Be Free said:

So if we leave at 7 or 8, is it about the same for the traffic?  Or do you feel 7 is better?    I really appreciate your insight.  

it depends on what time you want to stay in Piazza Navona, the journey time is as I told you 1h30. So the choice of time depends on you too.

As Euro Cruiser also says, the duration can vary by about 15 minutes. The driver will certainly travel the Via Aurelia, do not be afraid when you find a bit of traffic at the entrance to Rome, it is normal