Thanksgiving Day 2023 - Grand Turk

NiceAunt

Our family of 11 will be on board the Nieuw Amsterdam from 11/18-11/24/2023.   Thanksgiving Day is on 11/23 and we are currently scheduled to be in Grand Turk that day from 1:00 PM - 8:00 PM.     I am going to make a reservation for all of us for dinner at 6:00 PM (groups this size can dine at 5:30, 6:00, 8:30 or 9:00) and this must be done in advance in writing per the Shipboard Services staff I spoke to on the phone.  I am fine with that and will fill out and send in the proper request form.  We really don't like dining at 8:30 or 9:00 PM.  

My question has to do with the excursions available in Grand Turk.  The excursions for this cruise are not up yet, but from my research it doesn't appear that there are many excursions that would have some of us gone all day and pushing on that 6:00 PM dinner reservation.   Is that a correct assumption?  Looks to be things like a couple of hours on the beach, snorkeling, maybe a buggy ride, renting a golf cart for a few hours, going to Margaritaville, things like that.  Based on that, it appears that a 6:00 PM reservation time should be just fine.  

Appreciate any comment from anyone who has done something like this.   Thank you! 

Edited by NiceAunt

49 minutes ago, NiceAunt said:

Our family of 11 will be on board the Nieuw Amsterdam from 11/18-11/24/2023.   Thanksgiving Day is on 11/23 and we are currently scheduled to be in Grand Turk that day from 1:00 PM - 8:00 PM.     I am going to make a reservation for all of us for dinner at 6:00 PM (groups this size can dine at 5:30, 6:00, 8:30 or 9:00) and this must be done in advance in writing per the Shipboard Services staff I spoke to on the phone.  I am fine with that and will fill out and send in the proper request form.  We really don't like dining at 8:30 or 9:00 PM.  

My question has to do with the excursions available in Grand Turk.  The excursions for this cruise are not up yet, but from my research it doesn't appear that there are many excursions that would have some of us gone all day and pushing on that 6:00 PM dinner reservation.   Is that a correct assumption?  Looks to be things like a couple of hours on the beach, snorkeling, maybe a buggy ride, renting a golf cart for a few hours, going to Margaritaville, things like that.  Based on that, it appears that a 6:00 PM reservation time should be just fine.  

Appreciate any comment from anyone who has done something like this.   Thank you! 

The Grand Turk Margaritaville is in the cruise center right off the cruise ship pier...no transportation needed so no worry about getting back to your ship in time for dinner.  Just leave whenever you want for the 10 minute walk back to your ship.

• Like 2

We like Grand Turk for its very low-key appeal. But there is little there to capture your attention there that would make you late for a 6pm onboard dinner.  Good to pre-plan, but this should be no problem. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AFNavigator said:

The Grand Turk Margaritaville is in the cruise center right off the cruise ship pier...no transportation needed so no worry about getting back to your ship in time for dinner.  Just leave whenever you want for the 10 minute walk back to your ship.

This is a good suggestion.  You can pretty much see the entire island from the ship.  The water is pretty and the beach is decent but it’s not the most exciting place.

• Like 1