Vancouver - Canada Place Transport to/from/parking

cabland

So, I SHOULD know the answer to this since we took an Alaskan cruise out of Vancouver back in 2018, but we had some different logistics (with a larger family group, some of us went ahead while others returned a rental car, etc.), whereas this time it is just my wife and me.  Anyway, my few questions:

Embarkation Day

• Hotel to Port - We are staying at the Hyatt Regency downtown and are planning to take an Uber/Lyft from the hotel to Canada Place.  Any concerns with that as a transport option (note: I have a bum knee so walking to CP is not an option with the luggage)?
  • Parking/Drop-Off - I SEEM to recall when we traveled last time, our driver took us into the parking garage attached to Canada Place and dropped us off on one of the floors there.  Does that sound correct (and the most expedient option)?
  • Luggage - Do we drop off the luggage as soon as we get in the terminal (right where we enter from the parking garage) or do we lug it around through the terminal, etc?
  • Priority Boarding - So this is really a Holland America specific question, but I think we'll get priority boarding as part of "club orange".  I assume it isn't much different than "priority boarding" at an airport (i.e. a separate line perhaps, etc.) -is this  correct?

Disembarkation

• Transportation from Ship to Airport - Last time we did this trip, we were with family and booked our own private shuttle (well worth it).  This time, I haven't decided if we should book transport through the cruise line or just grab an uber/lyft.  I assume with either option, we'll be dealing with our luggage once we get it.  as I have a bum knee, any option that had me wheeling our large bags around less, might be worth paying more for.  Any recommendations?

Thanks!

• Like 1

The "official" Rideshare pickup at the beginning of last summer was down the block, versus prebooked cars and taxis which were right at the building, so that might help you decide.....that and any place where a large number of people are wanting to go somewhere at the same time would normally sway me away from a rideshare....

At Canada  Place  you will check in on the first floor of the Pan Pacific Hotel.

Ask for a wheelchair as it will be packed. 

This is why I stay at that hotel because the porter will take my bag to the ship.

8 hours ago, cabland said:

So, I SHOULD know the answer to this since we took an Alaskan cruise out of Vancouver back in 2018, but we had some different logistics (with a larger family group, some of us went ahead while others returned a rental car, etc.), whereas this time it is just my wife and me.  Anyway, my few questions:

Embarkation Day

• Hotel to Port - We are staying at the Hyatt Regency downtown and are planning to take an Uber/Lyft from the hotel to Canada Place.  Any concerns with that as a transport option (note: I have a bum knee so walking to CP is not an option with the luggage)?
  • Parking/Drop-Off - I SEEM to recall when we traveled last time, our driver took us into the parking garage attached to Canada Place and dropped us off on one of the floors there.  Does that sound correct (and the most expedient option)?
  • Luggage - Do we drop off the luggage as soon as we get in the terminal (right where we enter from the parking garage) or do we lug it around through the terminal, etc?
  • Priority Boarding - So this is really a Holland America specific question, but I think we'll get priority boarding as part of "club orange".  I assume it isn't much different than "priority boarding" at an airport (i.e. a separate line perhaps, etc.) -is this  correct?

Disembarkation

• Transportation from Ship to Airport - Last time we did this trip, we were with family and booked our own private shuttle (well worth it).  This time, I haven't decided if we should book transport through the cruise line or just grab an uber/lyft.  I assume with either option, we'll be dealing with our luggage once we get it.  as I have a bum knee, any option that had me wheeling our large bags around less, might be worth paying more for.  Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Going to the cruise ship terminal uber/lyft all sound reasonable.  A taxi is also a reasonable option.  The cost difference will be minor.   

The cruise ship terminal is located in a multi-level pier.  There are two lower levels of parking, then the cruise ship terminal, then at street level a convention center and the entry to the Pan Pacific hotel.  Some floors with offices and then the hotel tower on top of all of that.  There is a lot going on in that building.   

There is a ramp that takes you down to the cruise ship terminal level and the parking levels.  The driver will be able to head down their and get you fairly close to where you enter the terminal.

Coming back I would just grab a taxi.  If the lineup is to long at the cruise terminal level I would grab the elevator up to street level and get a taxi there or arranger to be picked up by uber/lift there.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, cabland said:

Thanks!

Yes, HAL has a priority boarding line, but that's only for the HAL check in portion of the maze.  The Canada and USA Border inspections are equal access lines for all ships boarding that day.

Have a great cruise!

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger

On 5/2/2023 at 12:03 PM, cabland said:

Parking/Drop-Off - I SEEM to recall when we traveled last time, our driver took us into the parking garage attached to Canada Place and dropped us off on one of the floors there.  Does that sound correct (and the most expedient option)?

In previous years, luggage drop was at CS level.  That's now part of the taxi pickup area.

I was there last week and luggage drop is now changed to the North end of P2.  After luggage drop

1. elevator up to street level to enter the Holland America check-in.  This is where you wave your Club Orange benefit to be join the 4 star, Neptune suite priority line
  2. follow the signs to Walk South for the escalator to cruise ship level for security check-in, followed shortly with custom's check in.

Do you have a cane with that "bum knee"?  If so, make sure the security staff see's it.  If the wait is long, those with mobility aids will get moved to the priority lanes.
  3. over to the passenger lobby for some great holland america lemonade
  4. walk aboard as they open the gangway
  5. check your room
  6. over to the MDR for lunch

Debarkation?

• Club orange are purple group 1 priority debarkation
  • taxi's are the shortest walk from the terminal exit and being group 1, it's just a few minutes for a cab to grab the first passengers off the ship

I'll let others comment on luggage assistance at the terminal.  I think I saw them there when I left the Kdam last Saturday.

Edited by xlxo
  • Thanks 1