My MSC Norway Fjords Cruise is no longer going to the fjords :(

MissDaisyofTexas

17 minutes ago, mnocket said:

Is it only the Virtuosa cruises that are affected?  I ask because I'm booked on the Aug 4th   Preziosa sailing and I haven't heard anything.

I believe it's just the Virtuosa, but I find it all a bit odd TBH. From where I sit, I don't understand how they couldn't have anticipated the "port congestion", and why that would only impact 1 ship.

Could it be that the Norwegian government may be implementing pollution restrictions on a gradual basis? The MSC Euribia is a sistership to the MSC Virtuosa but is a "cleaner" ship burning LNG on its sailings. That could possibly be interpreted as "port congestion."

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Could it be that the Norwegian government may be implementing pollution restrictions on a gradual basis? The MSC Euribia is a sistership to the MSC Virtuosa but is a "cleaner" ship burning LNG on its sailings. That could possibly be interpreted as "port congestion."

Norway is famous for behaving very ugly to the cruise companies. And now they have two national cruise companies, not just one as before. You can bet that there will never be a Norwegian cruise ship affected by this "port congestion".

On 5/5/2023 at 10:02 PM, perakcruiser said:

These cities earn a hell of money alone from the port fees. These locals should be very very quiet and thankful. Of cause things are different in Norway, where they are so ridiculous rich that they certainly kick out any boats or even fire cannonballs at them. 

On 5/7/2023 at 1:35 PM, perakcruiser said:

Norway is famous for behaving very ugly to the cruise companies. And now they have two national cruise companies, not just one as before. You can bet that there will never be a Norwegian cruise ship affected by this "port congestion".

Excuse me @perakcruiser, who are you to be such an expert on this item?
Anyway, you sounds like a typical bully, unsympathetic troublemaker and "besserwisser.

Why don't you stay away from the Norwegian fjords and the genuine nature at the west coast of Norway! And stick to the mass tourism and insane BIG cruise ships - one single may bring up to 6 000 passengers (plus 2 000 crew) at each and every visit....which hopefully will be banned in the fjords.

• Like 1