Live Report- Norwegian Star May 11th-21st 2023. Is this my last time on a small ship?

We caught a taxi and it was €30 but we tipped €5 Because the driver was kind to let us have the mini bus to ourselves. They wasn’t anyone else who wanted to go.

We were dropped off outside Waterford Crystal which is opposite the Bishops Palace.

We looked around the shop and the crystal glass was amazing. 

IMG_8814.jpeg

IMG_8754.jpeg

IMG_8757.jpeg

IMG_8756.jpeg

IMG_8755.jpeg

IMG_8758.jpeg

• Like 2

We then showed our pass in the Bishops Palace and joined the tour just outside the main entrance. 
After the first stop it was clear nobody much could hear the guide so someone requested she asked for a microphone. She obliged by phoning her headquarters at Viking museum nearby and getting one.this helped considerably but some found the pace fast. A person was overheard asking the guide if this was actually a running tour! 
it was informative and took an hour on all. I think they are normally 40 minutes though.IMG_8787.thumb.jpeg.3d9306c418c9ea1844e40fc0eeab88ce.jpeg

IMG_8773.jpeg

IMG_8784.jpeg

IMG_8791.jpeg

IMG_8794.jpeg

IMG_8792.jpeg

IMG_8799.jpeg

IMG_8800.jpeg

IMG_8801.jpeg

IMG_8802.jpeg

IMG_8803.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Then we stopped for delicious cake and tea outside in Bishops palace cafe. It is homemade in the premises and they cook daily and it was delicious!

This takes us up to date as I am still sitting there now as I write! 
Mr CT has gone to the museum of Time and, as a horologist, this is right up his street! I have opted for the easy option of resting, and waiting here for him. 
I can see the bus we plan to catch home from were I’m sitting. That is if Mr CT doesn’t get too engrossed at the museum and well….forget the time! 😜

IMG_8821.jpeg

IMG_8819.jpeg

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

We were ready 8:25 short line waiting for next tender to load ashore 8:45

Walked up hill big line for bus.

went to next stop no line bus waiting.

How much was the bus? 

34 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

Then we stopped for delicious cake and tea outside in Bishops palace cafe. It is homemade in the premises and they cook daily and it was delicious!

This takes us up to date as I am still sitting there now as I write! 
Mr CT has gone to the museum of Time and, as a horologist, this is right up his street! I have opted for the easy option of resting, and waiting here for him. 
I can see the bus we plan to catch home from were I’m sitting. That is if Mr CT doesn’t get too engrossed at the museum and well….forget the time! 😜

IMG_8821.jpeg

IMG_8819.jpeg

Thanks for all this info, which of the museums or attractions would you recommend?  We only have a half day in Waterford next cruise so would like to make a bee line to the most worthwhile.

2 hours ago, jennjess said:

Thanks for all this info, which of the museums or attractions would you recommend?  We only have a half day in Waterford next cruise so would like to make a bee line to the most worthwhile.

I’ll post more info about museums soon when I get some photos from friends and Mr CT. 

1 hour ago, insidecabin said:

Not seen a TV movie schedule,

was flicking through the channels and they don't match the title , the non English movie channels had English movies.

Try Chanel 14 and 15. If you cannot get them, inform them at the guest services and I’m sure they will get some one in to get the TV tuned in correctly. 

• Like 1

Last night having got off the bus we wandered around the small harbour walking the sea wall and down around the water. The sun was shining and a fog descended and actually obscured the ship completely so it could not be seen from the land! Now you see it, now you don’t! It was quite a spectacle so I enjoyed taking some snaps.

the Wi-Fi is slow today so I may add more of IMG_8842.thumb.jpeg.9ecc82e22a4e0378b6a3dd2f13f1267c.jpeg them later or while ashore! Watch this space! 😅

IMG_8831.jpeg

IMG_8845.jpeg

• Like 2

We popped into the Bliss lounge really to get some large waters to take back to the cabin and get an early night. Then I realised a 70s night was about to start so we stayed! I enjoyed the dancing and music of an era I remember well!

the Excell band were again, excell-ent!

We were later joined by friends and we ended up staying on until the early hours of the morning  chatting and drinking.

IMG_2398.jpeg

IMG_8900.jpeg

• Like 1

The tenders in Dun Laoghaire started at 7am with the first call for group 1 and priority.

By 9.30 groups 8 to 10 were called.

At 9.45 groups 13 & 14 were called.

We didn’t get if the ship until 1.15

We got straight onto the tender and waited 15 minutes for others to fill the boat.

We were underway by 1.30 and alighted by 1.50.

We were on an NCL trip as bd got on our coach but waited ages for latecomers who ‘misread tickets’ and waited on the ship. 
We left half an hour late at 2.30. I am writing this from the coach- so real ‘live reporting!’ 

IMG_8898.jpeg

IMG_8897.jpeg

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

Guest services can usually give you a print out of what's on and when.

I did this and got a huge print out but I’m not convinced the times actually tally with reality of what’s in! I will check again sometime. 

• Like 1