Multiple Rooms/Reservations - How Does App Setup and Excursion Booking Work?

ChbyMnky

We have 2 connecting rooms and a 3rd separate room booked for my family for an upcoming trip. Each room has a separate reservation and I am (obviously) only listed on one of them.  Does a person in each room have to have a Princess account to log in and book excursion and other app functions, or can everything be managed from my account?  It is my first time using the MedallionClass system and I would like everyone to get full use of the app, but currently I am the only one with an account.

Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated!

If you have the other booking numbers, you can access the info without an account by logging in with the other cabins' info.  I haven't figured out how to manage other cabins with just one registered account holder though.

1 hour ago, ChbyMnky said:

We have 2 connecting rooms and a 3rd separate room booked for my family for an upcoming trip. Each room has a separate reservation and I am (obviously) only listed on one of them.  Does a person in each room have to have a Princess account to log in and book excursion and other app functions, or can everything be managed from my account?  It is my first time using the MedallionClass system and I would like everyone to get full use of the app, but currently I am the only one with an account.

Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Any reason the others cannot have access to their bookings?  They will all have a Captain's Circle number as well.  IMO, they should all get involved, unless computer illiterate.

21 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Any reason the others cannot have access to their bookings?  They will all have a Captain's Circle number as well.  IMO, they should all get involved, unless computer illiterate.

Sometimes, there is a planner in the family who likes to do it all 😂

You can only book excursions for those in your booking number. Each cabin will have its own booking number.

If you want to arrange all of the Princess excursions for your group, you can do so if you know all of the booking numbers. You will have to sign in with each booking number, make the reservation for that cabin, exit that booking and enter the next booking number.

Charges for the excursions will go to whatever charge card has been set up for each booking number.

If OBC is being used to pay part or all of the excursion costs, it can only be applied to the person in whose name an excursion is booked.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I am the designated planner for the trip - my parents prefer it that way (and so do my kids). I have no problem with creating accounts for all if that is the best/only option. 

I was working on doing just that and then I ran into an new problem.  I went to create an account for my kids' room (ages 17 and 16), I was told they have to be 18 to have an account. How do I get this room set up with an account?

At some point I may just have to call and try to work through this with Princess. I was just hoping to be able to avoid that if other have a better answer for me.  It seems there are a ton of issues with the website and app in general. I'm just trying to work through it all.  

Thanks all!

7 minutes ago, ChbyMnky said:

I am the designated planner for the trip - my parents prefer it that way (and so do my kids). I have no problem with creating accounts for all if that is the best/only option. 

I was working on doing just that and then I ran into an new problem.  I went to create an account for my kids' room (ages 17 and 16), I was told they have to be 18 to have an account. How do I get this room set up with an account?

At some point I may just have to call and try to work through this with Princess. I was just hoping to be able to avoid that if other have a better answer for me.  It seems there are a ton of issues with the website and app in general. I'm just trying to work through it all.  

Thanks all!

Yup, that is a problem and a fellow member here on CC posted a similar story.  Often parents book one parent and one child per cabin for a number of reasons and then swap on board.  It can get you Elite benefits for both cabins for example.  I realize it can also force you to pay Plus for both kids if you are someone who goes with that package.  I am not sure if you can get Princess to make the 17-year old 18 for a short time so you can do the file work and then correct it back.  I cannot think of a good work-around but that older post I am thinking of might have had a solution.  At least you can access parents account.  I'd try asking a Princess rep if they can do something for you.

9 minutes ago, ChbyMnky said:

I think you made it hard on yourself doing this.  You should have officially put each child in a cabin with an adult.  That way each adult can access the info online (whether through account or just by booking number) and make decisions for the minor.  

I have a similar situation because I had to have my minor child in his own room.  I can access some info for Ocean Ready on the app, but cannot do many things online (like book excursions, print luggage tags).

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Yup, that is a problem and a fellow member here on CC posted a similar story.  Often parents book one parent and one child per cabin for a number of reasons and then swap on board.  It can get you Elite benefits for both cabins for example.  I realize it can also force you to pay Plus for both kids if you are someone who goes with that package.  I am not sure if you can get Princess to make the 17-year old 18 for a short time so you can do the file work and then correct it back.  I cannot think of a good work-around but that older post I am thinking of might have had a solution.  At least you can access parents account.  I'd try asking a Princess rep if they can do something for you.

Sounds like I've signed up for hours/days of support calls to get this sorted out.  I was already on a call today for an hour but nothing really got solved.  Should I be talking to the general customer service reps or should I connect with the App/IT staff?  Is there a special number I should call?  I just chose "other" when I called earlier today.

1 hour ago, ChbyMnky said:

Sounds like I've signed up for hours/days of support calls to get this sorted out.  I was already on a call today for an hour but nothing really got solved.  Should I be talking to the general customer service reps or should I connect with the App/IT staff?  Is there a special number I should call?  I just chose "other" when I called earlier today.

It isn't an App or IT issue.  I'd start with a regular rep or sales actually since they may know or have done it before.  I gather you book directly with Princess.  If I got nowhere, I might ask for customer solutions as it means the phone rep goes up a level for information and resolution.  Maybe someone else here will have a good idea in the meantime.