Linked booking for advanced dining reservations

Hi guys, 

New to cruising here and taking out first cruise on Iona in June to the Fjords. 

We have booked 2 cabins and just wondered how it works for advanced dining bookings? I can see the option to book things in advance on the website but not sure how it will work with 2 separate bookings? I have spoken to P&O to link the bookings so will they both show when dining / entertainment booking opens? Or will I need to do a booking on each account if that makes sense, so 2 x table for 2?

Hope someone can help?

Many thanks

Helen

39 minutes ago, solentsam said:

as far as I am aware no need to link bookings as it is freedom dining on Iona any one of you can book a table for 4 or 6 whatever so i think the same applies to entertainment

I am not sure that is correct, the app knows who is in the cabin and only let's you book those in your cabin.

Welcome aboard!👋

For dining options that are available before you board, just one of you needs book the table for four for each of the venues you want to book in advance. You can settle up later. 

On a recent cruise with my sister and brother-in-law, we booked half the paid-for restaurants and they booked the other half.

If you don't already know, you get a 20% discount for booking before you cruise; that includes the Limelight Club. As an example, Epicurean will be £24 each as opposed to £30 each if you booked onboard. If you booked Sindhu before you board, all they charge you is the booking fee of £10 each. At the end of your meal they discount all food items by 20%, then deduct your booking fee from the entire bill.

If you planned to go to the same MDR each morning and evening, and booked before boarding, if that option is available, after attending the first time and giving both cabin numbers, you will find that every other time they will have them linked on their seating computer.

NB. The above is only for dining reservations, including the Limelight Club.  If you were to book for shows, including the 710 Club, it can only be for the guests in your cabin.

• Like 1

We are on Britannia next week the only option we had to book for dining was limelight, we booked for friends as well, you just select the table size required, no names or stateroom numbers required. 

Shame we can’t book anything else, it’s my hubbies birthday and really wanted to book the epicurean, just hoping all the slots aren’t taken before we board. On Azura in January it was fully booked all week.