NCL Sunset white hot cruise with Rising Son II?

LadyBerard

I'm considering the above 2 hour excursion when we're in Bermuda in August on the Pearl.  If you have done this excursion through NCL, how was it?  Was there dancing on board, what kind of music did they play, and most importantly, how were their rum swizzles?  When we did the snorkel excursion with them through Celebrity this past Oct, they were kind of weak.

47 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

I'm considering the above 2 hour excursion when we're in Bermuda in August on the Pearl.  If you have done this excursion through NCL, how was it?  Was there dancing on board, what kind of music did they play, and most importantly, how were their rum swizzles?  When we did the snorkel excursion with them through Celebrity this past Oct, they were kind of weak.

NCL and Celebrity do not operate the tours they sell in Bermuda. They are reselling local tours. If you went on Rising Son with Celebrity it it will be the exact same as the Rising Son excursion that NCL is selling. The rum swizzles will be just as weak. Probably tour operators want to avoid inebriated customers. Also the local tour center is selling the same tours probably for less than NCL and Celebrity. I see Rising Son on the Island Tour Centre website. It will be the same tour. https://www.islandtourcentre.com

Edited by Charles4515

3 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

I am going on this excursion at the end of July when we sail on ncl Joy. 

My wife and I plus another couple are going. 

With the free at sea $50 perk, it's virtually the same price as booking direct. 

I'm sure the drinks are weak but they are unlimited so there's that. 

Anyway, we are looking forward to it and expect it to be a beautiful ride. 

BTW the link above takes you to a different excursion that is only 90 minutes. 

https://www.risingsoncruises.com/sunset-cruises/

This is the link to book directly. 

Edited by bkrickles1

27 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

BTW the link above takes you to a different excursion that is only 90 minutes. 

On the Island Tour Centre site above they do have a 2 hour Rising Son White Party Sunset Sail. From the title that was the tour OP would be igoing on. Your link is to a different excursion.

I would book direct with your link if I were booking it but the Island Tour Centre book a lot of tours that don’t have their own website. Even the ones who do use the Island Tour Centre booking engine. 

Notice that booking direct meets at the Island Tour Centre.  

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I didn't see it when I first clicked on the link, but it's still less expensive to book with NCL if you have the free at sea perk which almost everyone does who sails NCL.

I paid $108 for both my wife and I.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

I didn't see it when I first clicked on the link, but it's still less expensive to book with NCL if you have the free at sea perk which almost everyone does who sails NCL.

I paid $108 for both my wife and I.

It does make sense if you have the credit to book with NCL. The tour whether booked on NCL or Celebrity, or Island Tour Centre is going to be the same excursion. That is my point. The way I read her post unless I misunderstood was that she had done it on Celebrity. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

It does make sense if you have the credit to book with NCL. The tour whether booked on NCL or Celebrity, or Island Tour Centre is going to be the same excursion. That is my point. The way I read her post unless I misunderstood was that she had done it on Celebrity. 

I just re-read the op's post and they went on the daytime snorkel excursion with Celebrity on the Rising Son II.

Same catamaran, different excursion.

The nighttime one should be great!

Thanks for the input.

12 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

I just re-read the op's post and they went on the daytime snorkel excursion with Celebrity on the Rising Son II.

Same catamaran, different excursion.

The nighttime one should be great!

Thanks for the input.

Thanks for clarifying that she meant two different types of excursions on the same catamaran. One is a party and the other was snorkeling. I misunderstood.  

• Like 1

We did this excursion with NCL last month. While it's an enjoyable sail, one word of caution I have relates to the seating in the cockpit of the catamaran. By the time my daughter-in-law and I boarded, all the cockpit seating was taken. There was plenty of seating forward near the netting - but that required climbing out on deck and sitting on the deck. My sixtysomething-year old knees protested. At the end of the sail, it took two more able-bodied passengers to haul me to my feet. I think I would have been better off to have just stood in the cockpit for the sail.