Tender or Docked

aimee0715

Is there a way to tell on the website or on the app if your stop is going to be a tender port or docked?  We will be on Resilient Lady from May 21-June 4 for a back to back.  I know that Santorini is a tender port just from my research.  I'm not sure about the others (which are Split, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Corfu, Rhodes, and Mykonos.)  Other cruise lines usually indicate on the itinerary if it will require tendering but it appears Virgin does not.  I'm just trying to figure out for purposes of booking private excursions.  

Santorini and Mykonos are tender, Rhodes and Bodrum I don’t think are. 

if you look in the Shore strings excursions listing in the app it gives the option to pre-book morning tenders for ports that need them.

• Like 2

This is based on sailings on other cruise lines - Rhodes, docked and a very short walk to the Old Town. Mykonos can be either. Split can be either. Kotor (the most beautiful sail in!) we’ve always tendered but smaller ships can dock. Dubrovnik, docked and Corfu docked. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, aimee0715 said:

Is there a way to tell on the website or on the app if your stop is going to be a tender port or docked?  We will be on Resilient Lady from May 21-June 4 for a back to back.  I know that Santorini is a tender port just from my research.  I'm not sure about the others (which are Split, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Corfu, Rhodes, and Mykonos.)  Other cruise lines usually indicate on the itinerary if it will require tendering but it appears Virgin does not.  I'm just trying to figure out for purposes of booking private excursions.  

You should be able to book the tender for Mykonos and Santorini in the app under shore things - I am traveling in July and did it this week ! 

• Like 1