Salty Dog Cafe?

luvseaside

The Enchanted was supposedly getting a revamped Salty Dog Cafe on the Lido deck during dry dock.  Now that the ship is back in service, does anyone on board have info on this update?  Just curious what that looks like?  Is it just the Grill expanded?

1 minute ago, luvseaside said:

The Enchanted was supposedly getting a revamped Salty Dog Cafe on the Lido deck during dry dock.  Now that the ship is back in service, does anyone on board have info on this update?  Just curious what that looks like?  Is it just the Grill expanded?

On at least one other ship they took out Vines and added the Salty Dog as a stand alone restaurant   On Grand class ships it has been held in an area off of the Wheelhouse bar

Thanks.  I'm referring to Salty Dog Cafe, not the Gastropub (that was recently removed on Enchanted and replaced with O'Malley's Pub). 

This is from Princess website:

This casual top deck eatery takes its name from the famous venue in the resort town of Hilton Head Island, SC. Enjoy original menu items from the cafe like the prime burger and chicken strip basket – along with Princess favorites like hot dogs and chicken sandwiches. Uncover the legend of Jake, the iconic dog in the yellow hat, and pick up some branded merch too.

• Like 1

Yes, it is basically just the regular burger stand with additional items.   I do appreciate the additions so that you have more choices than just a burger or hot dog.  That tacos are good if I remember.  As well as the pulled pork.  

A welcome (small) addition with more options for lunch without going to The Trough (my affectionate name for the buffet!).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Yes, it is basically just the regular burger stand with additional items.   I do appreciate the additions so that you have more choices than just a burger or hot dog.  That tacos are good if I remember.  As well as the pulled pork.  

A welcome (small) addition with more options for lunch without going to The Trough (my affectionate name for the buffet!).

That sounds like it's just the normal Salty Dog Grill then (which has had tacos etc for a while now- at least on the Royal class ships).  The description of the new "Cafe" from the recent drydock news made it sound like they were creating a special seating area and expanded menu.  Curious why they'd hype something that already existed. 

4 hours ago, luvseaside said:

.  Curious why they'd hype something that already existed. 

Rebranding.  To add confusion to everything, the grill on deck has more than one name, Salty Dog the latest.  I think they removed that specialty burger by the chef with a name I can't remember.  The hot dog is still the same, thank goodness.

6 hours ago, luvseaside said:

Originally in the email announcing the salty Dog Cafe items being added on board sounded like things that were going to be added strictly in the lido deck in the buffet area. I can confirm and say when I recently just got off about a week ago on the Discovery Princess they did have the chicken strip tenders at the grill on the lido deck and they were mighty tasty.

Haven't seen much from onboard the Enchanted since the drydock but assuming its just a rebrand of the pool burger grill. Will post about it when we are onboard in about a month

2 hours ago, Kay S said:

Rebranding.  To add confusion to everything, the grill on deck has more than one name, Salty Dog the latest.  I think they removed that specialty burger by the chef with a name I can't remember.  The hot dog is still the same, thank goodness.

The Ernesto Burger. And yes, it was pretty good.

12 minutes ago, polmcs said:

The Ernesto Burger. And yes, it was pretty good.

Ah, you beat me to the answer.  I recall most of the Lido deck grills were named the Trident Grill, in the past.  So, yes, this is just rebranding and augmentation of the menu.

7 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I'll take food from the Lido deck grill or pizza place before I hit the Trough, too.  I'm going to have to use that terminology more.

• Like 1