Ponant app for Paul Gauguin cruise

tashaaa

Hi, 

We have an upcoming cruise in June. Me and my husband both downloaded the Ponant app (iphone and android), but it says we don’t have upcoming cruises. I reported this to Ponant, but so far no results. They only said, if I want to book an excursion, they will add them to our booking. 

I don’t know what you can do with this app, is it crucial for us? do we need to make an online check in (when does it usually open)? Do you get via app some important information… 

Will we get some document via post to the home address? 

if anyone knows this, please let me know. I don’t get a very good feedback from Ponant. 

just to say, we are from Europe, so we had to reserve the cruise via Ponant. 

thank you😄

Are you unable to use the PG website to book your excursions? That's how I've always booked excursions on the PG in the past, and from what I can tell, it still seems to work that way even now that Ponant owns PG. My cruise shows in my account on the PG website, and it appears that I will be able to book my excursions there once I'm 60 days out from my cruise.

I have not heard of any valid reason for using the Ponant app for PG cruises. Is this a Europe-specific thing, perhaps?

Hi We were told to call PG to schedule our excursions (60 days out) The website shows our excursions but their site is not great, you can't click on them to see a description etc. I booked our excursions so long ago I wanted to read them now that we are getting close and I had to go back through the main site and find them. We did a Virgin Cruise last summer that was very app focused (almost too much in my opinion) but I get the feeling that PG and Ponant are a little behind in this area. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 3:25 PM, kleenrcruise said:

Hi We were told to call PG to schedule our excursions (60 days out) The website shows our excursions but their site is not great, you can't click on them to see a description etc. I booked our excursions so long ago I wanted to read them now that we are getting close and I had to go back through the main site and find them. We did a Virgin Cruise last summer that was very app focused (almost too much in my opinion) but I get the feeling that PG and Ponant are a little behind in this area. 

We also called and booked our excursions  last month directly with PG about 60 days out. My understanding is that is the only way you can book their excursions.