How to get booked onto a sold out sailing? Radiance 14 nt Hawaii on 9-23-06 Cruise

I want to book the 14 night circle hawaii cruise on the Radiance of the Seas departing 9-23-06. All cabins are sold out at the balcony level and above. I really want to book a balcony cabin for this sailing.

When will people cancel their reservations so that I can try to snatch up one of their cabins?

I don't see this cruise listed for 2007 so I really want to go on it this year while it is available.

Any help from past experiences would be great.

Your best bet is to get on a waiting list and hope something opens up. Another course might be to work with a good TA that can check some contacts and see if anyone has some group space held. Cancellations can happen at anytime. It used to be they would be most apt to cancel just before final payments are due but with new group guidelines the option on space could be any date. Good luck. Prices will probably be quite high but maybe you'll get lucky.

SkierRob, the Radiance is also doing this cruise in May of 2006. Both cruises sold out almost as soon as they were offered. ACCagent is right on with suggesting that you waitlist. Some cabins may come open at final payment time (70 days or so prior to sail date) but expect to pay dearly for a balcony. We are on the May cruise and at final payment time some balconies did open up but the price was almost double from what was originaly offerd.

If RCCL decides to offer this itinerary for 2007 it probably won't be available for booking until this May.

Boy, this has become a popular cruise itenerary. Did the Hawaii repositioning cruise from Hawaii to Ensanda back in 1998 and was ready to do it again this fall. Was in for a rude awakening when I saw all of them booked up or high prices for inside cabin on bottom deck. Big change from years ago. Was thinking of calling RCCL and see about wait list with being Diamond Plus, but still price will be very high. Have to think on this one. Will say, it was one of my best cruises I have ever been on and you can see from my cruise list, I've done alot.

We'll have to wait and see.

Dave

If that cruise is that important, take any cabin you can get. So it's not a balcony, at least you're on the ship.

We won't sail if we are not in a balcony cabin. I wish Atlantis or RSVP would do a Hawaii Cruise again.

So when RCCL offered the May and the August itineary my TA called us to tell us she had D1's for about $1800 each. I jumped - didn't even ask hubby, paid my deposit and told hubby that evening. He was thrilled to say the least - 14 days - great price - balcony. I did notice the same cabin size became available at the 60 day mark - briefly - like minutes! BUT, price was 2.5 times what we had paid - This cruise is very popular - sells out almost instantly.

We have friends that are doing the same cruise on Celebrity out of LA later this year and they are seeing the same thing.

Best advice - get in touch with a TA and have them watch for you - make sure they know your room preferences and have them book immediately when available.

As far as sailing without a balcony - wouldn't do it - MUST have the balcony.

I booked this cruise last July, I also wanted a balconey, but I need a handicap cabin. There was only 1 handicap cabin left, an inside, at least we are on the ship! It completely sold out soon afterwards. Can't give up the handicapped room, that is required for me, so we had to give up on the balconey.

Every now and then some cabins open up, but wayyyy more than what we paid!! We are from Florida and are NOT sun people, so what cain we have is fine, we will survive!! We wll be out of the room aot, but at least we are on this sought after sailing!!!

Sherry

That same online agent also has some cabins for the 5/14 sailing, you just need to find some agents that booked groups, they usually hold cabins until 30 days before and then give them back to Royal Caribbean,

That same online agent also has some cabins for the 5/14 sailing, you just need to find some agents that booked groups, they usually hold cabins until 30 days before and then give them back to Royal Caribbean,

WHAT is the name of the online agent CSK? Please please please e-mail me at skierrobumn@aol.com

Sorry it took so long to get back to you! :o I had physical therapy this morning and just got back on line.

DO let us know if you could book the cruise!! :D

PS -I hope you CALLED her rather than email!

Try icruise.com

It looks like there's 3 different catagories avail. with balconies.

Hold on to your seat when you see the prices.

Good luck.

Oh, you will need to register to view prices.

Then you can search 5 different ways.

I like to use ship name.

OH Thank you Char and CSK!!!!!!

We got the last balcony room and boy is it a good one! Aft facing balcony on level 9! I have always wanted an aft cabin and this will be a good one! Price was unbelievable as well. Less than the group rate we were quoted for the Island Princess Hawaii cruise this past Jan.

Thanks again!

OH Thank you Char and CSK!!!!!!

We got the last balcony room and boy is it a good one! Aft facing balcony on level 9! I have always wanted an aft cabin and this will be a good one! Price was unbelievable as well. Less than the group rate we were quoted for the Island Princess Hawaii cruise this past Jan.

Thanks again!

Now that you've booked, come on over to the roll-call so I can add your info to our list. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=183529

Glad you were able to get a cabin!

Archived