Pre-Cruise hotels in Ft. Lauderdale area

bubbemarcia

On 7/11/2023 at 9:18 PM, Bob and Linda said:

Check out the LaQuinta Airport. It's a decent place with free airport pickup and free breakfast. They also arrange transport to cruise port. We're staying there in January 2024. You can book direct through the hotel rather than their website. Much less expensive.

Bob & Linda, thanks for this information, I have this hotel booked for an upcoming cruise and had not been able to find much information about it. It looked like a decent hotel for a decent price but I couldn't tell for sure from the online pictures. Hopefully it will be a decent, clean place to stay for 1 night precruise.

It is a clean decent place to stay. The website has pictures of the rooms, lobby, breakfast area and pool and whirlpool outside. Our stay in January will be our third time there. Nice pond outside the Hotel. Go to breakfast early as people like to wait for pickup taking up all the seats in the breakfast area. Also sign up for the shuttle on arrival. If I remember correctly it was $10 each. The shuttle may also be able to take you to a restaurant for dinner. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, looking for a January FLL hotel too. There will be 8 of us in 2 rooms and prices seem super high. Don’t want to stay in a dump, but at the same time it’s only one night. We’re flying in from Seattle Jan 6 and cruising out Jan 7. Airport shuttle and breakfast would be great. Hoping we can find something reasonable! 

51 minutes ago, amby6063 said:

Bump, looking for a January FLL hotel too. There will be 8 of us in 2 rooms and prices seem super high. Don’t want to stay in a dump, but at the same time it’s only one night. We’re flying in from Seattle Jan 6 and cruising out Jan 7. Airport shuttle and breakfast would be great. Hoping we can find something reasonable! 

Look back through this post. Some good recommendations including Hyatt Place. Pricing for next year not available yet using ValueTrips but keep checking towards the end of this year.

Just now, Ashland said:

Look back through this post. Some good recommendations including Hyatt Place. Pricing for next year not available yet using ValueTrips but keep checking towards the end of this year.

Thanks! I just booked the la Quinta airport but it’s refundable so I have options! We’re Canadian so it sucks that not only have the prices jumped, we need to add roughly 35% on top of everything because our dollar is so low now! Ahhh, such is life. Just counting the days to vacation! 😃