Best way to do an engagement proposal on a cruise ship?

I'm planning to do my engagement proposal to my girlfriend on our next cruise on RCL.  Do you have suggestions on how to go about it from seeing others do it or having done it yourself?  Best place to do it on the ship?  This will be her 50th cruise.  It will be my 1st.  

11 hours ago, Collectiques said:

I'm planning to do my engagement proposal to my girlfriend on our next cruise on RCL.  Do you have suggestions on how to go about it from seeing others do it or having done it yourself?  Best place to do it on the ship?  This will be her 50th cruise.  It will be my 1st.  

I tend to think longer term, so my initial suggestion would be that you refer to it as a “marriage proposal” rather than as an “engagement proposal”.  

in any event - congratulations on “finding the one”.

• Like 1

Whatever you decide, my suggestion is to do it privately. My ex proposed in Italy overlooking Lake Como at sunset in an outdoor dining area. It would've been perfect if we didn't have an audience – in retrospect, he liked the attention. The setting was amazing, but the proposal itself was not.

This is a moment for the two of you... propose quietly, savor your secret for a few days, and then share the news.

Edited by ExpatBride

• 2 weeks later...

Avast, matey! Congratulations on your upcoming engagement proposal! With your girlfriend's impressive 50 cruises, it's time to make a splash. Imagine surprising her during the Captain's Welcome Party, where they mistakenly call out your name and invite you on stage to propose. The shock and awe of the moment will be unforgettable! Alternatively, create a thrilling treasure hunt across the ship, leading her to meaningful spots from your relationship, and finally, to a breathtaking sunset view on the ship's deck where you'll drop to one knee. Just remember, the most important thing is your love and sincerity. Smooth sailing and may your proposal be an adventure to treasure!

Edited by niksgt
  • Like 1

My son and his future bride went to the bow at sunrise.  My other son was hiding in the shadows to take photos.  The rest of us decorated their room while they were away.  It was awesome 

Edited by h18furball