how much liquor

nylawman

How many bottles of liquor can you bring through customs?

Your are techically allowed one liter per adult duty free(except if you are coming back from the Virgin Islands where I belive you can bring back more from the VI). After that its about $2.00 per bottle duty if they charge you. There may be a state rule that impacts this however.

We read and reread all the confusing information with regard to how much could be brought back, and still haven't figured out what the limit was.

When I get a few minutes I'll try and dig through my pile of dailies and other stuff that I brought back with us, and see if I can locate what was published.

If I can find it, I'll post back here and maybe some of you can figure it out. Being in the USVI, and in Puerto Rico which is also a US Territory, made the restrictions comletely different, and thoroughly confusing! :o

You are allowed 1 litre per adult over the age of 21. And it is bottled in Jamaica you are allowed an adiitional litre per adult.

However, my wife and I carried of approx 10 bottles and there was no question.

Not sure if you have cruised before, but I just walked off with it... right through customs. no biggie. Not sure what would have happened if we got spot-checked though.

TIP - I just couldn't resist the booze, it was soooooo cheap!

PS - I am talking about US Customs, not sure where you are from.

Good luck!

The simple answer is one liter per adult is allowed duty free. If you buy more, and declare it, chances are you may not have to pay the duty. (Usually don't collect if under $10.) If returning from the US Virgin Islands, more is allowed duty free.The TSA will allow five liters per person as a carry on, when boarding aircraft.

Check the following link: http://help.customs.gov/cgi-bin/customs.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=190&p_created=1043364937&p_sid=DFDYPn2i&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD01NjMmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=&p_topview=1

Archived