Kids and the Sea Pass Card

I've cruised before with my kids but my kids are older now (8, 11, 15).  I was wondering how people typically manage their kid's sea pass cards.  Specifically, is there any reason for them to have the cards on them or can we just leave the cards in the room since they'd be with us?  We did get the beverage package for them so that may make it more necessary for them to carry the card.

I know the teenager will want to have his as he will be around the boat on his own but just wondering if the little ones need to have a card on them.

I ask as I was wondering if I should buy something like a lanyard for them to wear to carry the card. 

2 hours ago, plethera1 said:

I ask as I was wondering if I should buy something like a lanyard for them to wear to carry the card. 

If they can't be trusted to not lose the card, yes, that's probably a good idea. There will likely be times when the kids may be by themselves -having the card on them then would be a good idea.

• Like 1

If I had kids this age, I think I'd get them the WOW Band so they wouldn't be able to lose it. That'd allow them access in /out of the room, and it'd allow them to buy drinks.  

I'd keep their cards in my possession.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

If I had kids this age, I think I'd get them the WOW Band so they wouldn't be able to lose it. That'd allow them access in /out of the room, and it'd allow them to buy drinks.  

I'd keep their cards in my possession.  

At 8 they could definitely lose a wow band.  Don’t underestimate them.  😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let the older one hold their card.  Just keep the others in your possession and give to them if needed.  My oldest is about your youngest.  I keep all 3 of their keys with me.   Not sure what age that will change.  At some point they will have to learn responsibility.   Losing a ship key is a pretty low level concern to me, but they won’t know that.  Good time to test that trust and responsibility.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Could be.  You know your own kid.  

An 8 year old is gonna fidget.   Heck, I would as those things are uncomfortable.   It will surely be taken off and on a bit.  Ripe situation for losing it regardless of how responsible they are.   

7 minutes ago, topnole said:

... Losing a ship key is a pretty low level concern to me ...

Agree.  It will "cost you" a little time to have it replaced, but no real damage. Of course, I wouldn't tell the kid that ... my mom is fond of saying "Natural Consequences".  Have the kid go with you to Guest Services /stand in line.  Life lesson.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Agree.  It will "cost you" a little time to have it replaced, but no real damage. Of course, I wouldn't tell the kid that ... my mom is fond of saying "Natural Consequences".  Have the kid go with you to Guest Services /stand in line.  Life lesson.  

Yep that is what I will do.  And I’m certain I will do it at least three times (once or more for each of my 3 kids).  No biggie to me, but they will learn.  

18 minutes ago, topnole said:

Let the older one hold their card.  Just keep the others in your possession and give to them if needed.  My oldest is about your youngest.  I keep all 3 of their keys with me.   Not sure what age that will change.  At some point they will have to learn responsibility.   Losing a ship key is a pretty low level concern to me, but they won’t know that.  Good time to test that trust and responsibility.  

I think this is likely what I will do.  However, I do like the idea of giving the younger two their own card to teach responsibility as someone else mentioned.  Maybe I'll do a mix of those two solutions.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

1 minute ago, plethera1 said:

I think this is likely what I will do.  However, I do like the idea of giving the younger two their own card to teach responsibility as someone else mentioned.  Maybe I'll do a mix of those two solutions.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Report back.  Curious if or how many get lost so I can plan for it.   😂😂

Have fun.  Great ages for cruising.  

1 hour ago, topnole said:

Report back.  Curious if or how many get lost so I can plan for it.   😂😂

Have fun.  Great ages for cruising.  

hahaha...Will do.  

Thanks.  We are really looking forward to the cruise.  We had one schedule the weekend the quarantine started so we've been waiting a long time.

Just now, plethera1 said:

hahaha...Will do.  

Thanks.  We are really looking forward to the cruise.  We had one schedule the weekend the quarantine started so we've been waiting a long time.

Go Noles!